Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
WD
Welcomed New User

Helo!

I patch the game becouse i had a problem in the city ( i could not get to the king and then in the Aringdale i think), ok...when i aply the pacth i got options to get to the king and then sent to WEST ROAD to aringdale...but i have now a biger problem....some glitch or bug happend in the game i am stuck at the doors when i want to go to the WEST ROAD...

there are gates whitc are half open, but anyway i should go throu, but i cant....

anybody has a same problem or ples tell how to overcome this bug in the game?....must i wait for the second patch?

thnx 4 the answers!

WD
WD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 03:30 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, WD!!!

Alas, I have no help to offer since I haven't even been able to start the game but someone should be along soon to help you out! Just keep checking back!

"WD" is my husband's nickname for me so seems a little odd to be welcoming someone with "my name". lol!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:16 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

*edit* I missed the chance to say Welcome to the boards, WD! May your arrows fly true throughout the land of Ehb!

Hmmm... I don't have a good answer for you, WD. I started with the patch immediately because of some of the feedback I'd seen about what it fixed. Sometimes, applying patches will break savegames that were created before the patch, and that may be what you've run into.

Personally, I haven't seen any doors or gates opening for the cities...just the occasional gate, like to where the king is.

You may need to start with a fresh game, or ask on the DL official boards (dungeonlords.com) for assistance.

[ 05-30-2005, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
Too Darkpark
The Magister

the very first time you exit fargrove through the west gate you'll see the metal gate being raised just as you appear outside the door. i read that someone else had such a problem and i don't know if he ever got through it or not.
like Bungleau suggested, start a new game.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:48 AM   #5
Dajjer
The Magister

I've heard of this problem on the Dungeon Lords forum but I dont recall a solution.

I was stuck like this in the Naga Temple. Both a guard and myself tried going through a door at the same time. Fortunately some snakes came by and that disloged the guard who went to battle the snakes.

Now maybe if you can wait by the Fargrove gate long enough maybe some thieves may attack and that might dislodge you. If it does then try exiting the south fargrove gate. Or perhaps you can somehow poison yourself and then maybe your death might dislodge yourself.

If you do manage to dislodge yourself please post back. I would love to hear a real solution.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:12 PM   #6
WD
Welcomed New User

thnx 4 the answers guys...

well maybe the bug in the game is, that the gates are not open all the way, but just half...i was tried everithing i guess, just i didnt try too die))

I was waiting at the gates, and just the rats coult camer to me, any other creatures couldnt...and i was try everithing....it is not a good idea to strat game again...i not wery pleased with that...

well....thnx and goodby

WD (WebmasterD)
WD is offline   Reply With Quote