Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 01:34 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Sad news, as the show's episodes were getting better. Although, I am not surprised it was canceled. Now maybe they'll return to the 24th century, and have a better show/cast/ship!

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...icle/9469.html

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:55 AM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Oh dear! I hate it when crappy sci-fi series get axed before they have time.

/me thinks Space: Above and Beyond

In fairness though, Enterprise was the poorest fleck of turd to be squeezed out of the Startrek merchantising machine in a long while.
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:01 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, the first few seasons were REALLY poor, but it was finally getting a bit better. Ah well, on to new things...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:28 AM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I just hope they take a nice long break, that and end the show by hitting the rewind button to make it never have existed in the first place, what was the formula, go to warp around the sun and use it's gravity to slingshot you back in time...
Old 02-03-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

The season with the Xindi was a whole other league. With the story progressing in every episode, unlike all the other shows.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:30 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Every other episode was what that season seemed to me, what with the "wild west" episode, Trip's "therapy" sessions, and his near death experience (where he was cloned and his clone was harvested for organs), and any number of other side-tracks that served no purpose in advancing the overall plot of that season.

Hell I'd be happy to see some evidence that the show actually exists in the Star Trek Universe, rather than a bizarro world where not even the vaguest pretendings are given to established canon (and novels of which most were approved by Gene, although Paramount later declared them non-canon)
Old 02-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #7
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I don't think Scott Bakula cares too much, I bet he made a fortune on this.

/me thinks back to his glory days and the wonderous Quantum Leap

[ 02-03-2005, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Dace De'Briago ]
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:35 PM   #8
Dajjer
The Magister

To all who have skipped Enterprise this season, you are missing one gem of a series. I too was a very early detractor but Sci Fi is such a rareity on episodic Television. I still continued to watch.

The first two seasons were abysmal. No doubt about it. The show was suppoesed to be a precursor to TOS but it seemed nothing like that at all. They took a potentially good idea and did nothhing with it. Enterprise's idea of conflict was to have The Vulcans putting the humans down. Say What? They also threw in a Temporal War conflict so that they could play with some futuristic gadgets. I am certain they were hoping the Time War would have allowed them to bring in Janeway, Sisco or Picard for a rating boost. And wasnt't it strange that Enterprise's (Actually Earths_ first missions to deep space the crew seemed like deep space veterans. Sheezz.

But seaon three was very good. They sorta took the B-5 tact of making a season long story. True, as mentioned in Morgeruat's post above, they did take a lot of silly side track stories but overall the season was surprisingly good and ended almost on a perfect note.(cough nazis cough)

This year they (StarTrek) brought in the guy who was the head honcho (Manny Mota?)of Oddysey 5. A nice little Showtime Sci-Fi show that only lasted one seaon.

So far this season, Enterprise is leagues better than season three which was good. And if they keep it up, this years series will easily be on par with the best of TNG. The sexual tease factor is almost all gone. The on board romances have thus far taken a back seat to the stories. And Bakula seems more like a Star Fleet / Star Trek captain.

Now I know some of you may be thinking that the actors and writers are just hitting their stride and that may be the case. But it's not the full story. The writers have taken a unique angle for this season. They have taken to making their good stories 3 episodes long. No more wrapping things up in in the last 5 minutes. They are taking the time to develop the stories and the three episode story arc is really working.

Thus far they have resolved the Temporal war story. 3 episodes

2) The showed the background of Data's creator and how he may have come up with the positronic brain. 3 episode (Brent Spiner was a guest in those stories)

3) They resolved the problem of why the vulcans were hostiel to humans and how they some what came back to being beings of logic. 3 episdoes.

4) They are currently in the middle of how the Federation may have got started and they are hinting at the beginning of the Romulan war.

What has been promised in future episode is why there is a descrpency in the facial features of the Klingons from TOS to the current ridged features.

I would have never thought it possible because Star Trek producers Brannon and Braga seemed to be on cruise control with compelte disdain for the fans, but Enterprise has really turned it around. Try to locate some of this years episodes from a friend or on the net and see what I'm talking about. This season's Enterprise is a great show.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:31 PM   #9
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Ah.. damn. The show had gotten so much better in Season 3, and they're just broadcasting season 4 now .(Which looks great, although the Nazi episode was a bit corny) I was really looking forward to seeing the start and development of the Federation.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:26 PM   #10
MuffinGirl
Dungeon Master

I cannot beleive that anyone actualy liked this show. It was a good premise but then as they tampred more and more with cannon it just got to be to much. Meting species beofer the appointed time was just wrong. Not to mention all the other screw ups. I am a loyal Star Trek junkie/fan/trekkie but this was just crap. I am glad it's cancelled.