Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2001, 08:05 AM   #1
Morse2020
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did what you told me and did a full install yet the problems still continue., for thoses who dont know what i am on about i have had problems when playing the game. THis involves my machine shutting itslef down when iver i play this game. I can normally play for about 20-30mins but then it comes up with an error, or just restarts itself. I think it may be a Memory problem but dont see how this could be seeing as i have 256mg of RAM. i have a high spec 32Mg graphics card (gforce 2) and a high spec processor but why is this problem happening. PLS HELP
Old 05-14-2001, 09:23 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Morse2020:
I did what you told me and did a full install yet the problems still continue., for thoses who dont know what i am on about i have had problems when playing the game. THis involves my machine shutting itslef down when iver i play this game. I can normally play for about 20-30mins but then it comes up with an error, or just restarts itself. I think it may be a Memory problem but dont see how this could be seeing as i have 256mg of RAM. i have a high spec 32Mg graphics card (gforce 2) and a high spec processor but why is this problem happening. PLS HELP
Are you using a AMD machine? that can be some of the problems..

Otherwise I can´t help out much not knowing more.
Try to shut off all special and memory eating effext in the gae and also shut down most things in your taskbar before starting to play.

Also try to defrag, and otherwise optimize and see to it that you have alot of memory on your harddrive for the cachefiles. Usually steals about 250 MB of worth for some hours of play.

Well, don´t know if any of this will help buddy!

Good luck!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-14-2001, 02:05 PM   #3
Morse2020
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a duron made by amd but i still have trouble seeing how it can eat 256Mg of ram in 30 minuits
Old 05-14-2001, 02:15 PM   #4
BladeMaster

He is not talking about RAM, he talking about Hard Drive space. When the game is installed it sets the game up with 300 Megs of Hard Drive space for cachefiles and if you do not chance the setting it will get bogged down. On my computer I ahve mine set at 900 Megs of Hard Drive space for cachefiles

------------------

Old 05-15-2001, 09:05 AM   #5
EINSTEIN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Take 3D effects off. May help
Old 05-15-2001, 10:43 AM   #6
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

What OS are you using?

I recently upgraded to Win2k and have started getting problems - random quitting from the game (when entering new areas) or just hanging. I suspect it's graphics related - possible buggy GL on the matrox card.