Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Kidney up for grabs in TV show
Rabble! Rabble! Real-TV has truly reached a new low. The program should be cancelled and its creators penalized. 2 18.18%
This I have to see. [Big Grin] 1 9.09%
Rather distasteful, but so are most reality shows. 3 27.27%
Bah, the politicians should deal with the problems relating to the organ shortages, rather than whine about a TV-show. 3 27.27%
I think it's about time to nuke the Netherlands. 1 9.09%
Completely inappropriate, but I guess its creators have a point. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Curious, what was the "spuiten en slikken" show about? And DGK?
Spuiten en slikken is among other things about testing drugs while the camera is filming you. They had a guy who never used drugs in his entire life snort cocaine and speed, smoke loads of weed, and take xtc and magic mushrooms and such, so they could show the outside world what effects it has on the human body. Which of course is a load of crap, because not every person reacts the same to drugs. Besides that they talk about sex like A LOT. Not a show i'd recommend to kids.

DGK is de gouden kooi, which means the golden cage, in which they lock up a bunch of people inside a luxurious villa. They are not allowed to leave at any time, and the show never ends, or only one person should remain, but that'll never happen. With the exeption of physical violence, pretty much everything goes, so they are pissdrunk every day, call eachother names 24 hours a day, they rent hookers and strippers and lots of other people to have fun with. Of the people inside is a mother of two children, she simply left them in the care of het boyfriend, who needless to say wasn't too exited about that prospect but she doesn't care, she has money on her mind. She had plastic surgery inside the house, a boobjob, she's losing weight, and she's never going home again i think, she likes the good life too much. But she's just one example, they're all nutjobs on that villa, the women are all cheap ho's and the guys are disgusting. I wouldn't recommend this show to anyone btw.

[ 06-01-2007, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 06-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Wow... [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] I agree that everyone reacts to certain drugs differently, so there is no true learning in that regard. So did this guy agree to start drugs to get paid or did he just want to try drugs and saw an opportunity to try them and be a famewhore as well LOL?

As for that second one, sounds like Big Brother but nobody ever leaves? Does the show pay for all those hookers they have brought in, plastic surgery, etc.? I mean, these people can have whatever they want and the show will provide it, with no time limit? Cause if so I can kind of see why nobody would want to leave LOL, with the exception of the woman who left her kid, that's just messed up. I myself would probably get sick of being in the villa all the time, but I know a lot of people who, in their own life, stay inside their house as much as they possibly can, including having services fetch them groceries so they don't have to see the light of day LOL. Does this show air every single day like Big Brother?

Really weird shows going on over there Johnny! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #13
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Haha, I knew it! The entire show was a farce, and they got worldwide attention! Yay for BNN! Everyone should have known. Personally, I was doubting it from the start but I knew it when I saw the supposed fatal patiënt, she was clearly an actress.

EDIT: to make things clear, this wasn't a reality show, but a one time thing(was advertised as such).
Old 06-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Wow... [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] I agree that everyone reacts to certain drugs differently, so there is no true learning in that regard. So did this guy agree to start drugs to get paid or did he just want to try drugs and saw an opportunity to try them and be a famewhore as well LOL?

As for that second one, sounds like Big Brother but nobody ever leaves? Does the show pay for all those hookers they have brought in, plastic surgery, etc.? I mean, these people can have whatever they want and the show will provide it, with no time limit? Cause if so I can kind of see why nobody would want to leave LOL, with the exception of the woman who left her kid, that's just messed up. I myself would probably get sick of being in the villa all the time, but I know a lot of people who, in their own life, stay inside their house as much as they possibly can, including having services fetch them groceries so they don't have to see the light of day LOL. Does this show air every single day like Big Brother?

Really weird shows going on over there Johnny! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
The guy who they had for testing te drugs was a really geeky type of guy, one you would least expect to use drugs. He talks real funny too, like a gayer than gay guy, exept he's not gay at all, does that make sense?

About DGK....it has to end at some point of course, but for now that would be when people are no longer watching the show, because the chance of one person remaining out of this particular group is 0,00%, they're having a blast outthere, no reason to leave. And indeed, they can order anything like like, no matter the costs. I haven't heard anything about a budget limit or anything, and they are called millionares, since everyone of them is the potential future owner of the villa, along with a large amount of cash. They have a staff doing all the work around the house, cleaningladies, they have topchefs coming in to cook exclusive meals for them, so they literally don't have a thing on their mind all day, which is probably the reason why they are arguing all day long among eachother.

Every other few weeks or so there's a vote, all the millionares can vote for one other person who has to leave the villa, but it has to be a unanimous vote, and since everyone in the villa has someone really close, they all have some sort of backup, and noone hardly ever leaves the villa that way. And when for some reason one person does leave, he or she is almost immediately replaced by a newcomer, so this is starting to look an awful lot like the neverending reality soap.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #15
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Curious, what was the "spuiten en slikken" show about? And DGK?
DGK is de gouden kooi, which means the golden cage, in which they lock up a bunch of people inside a luxurious villa. They are not allowed to leave at any time, and the show never ends, or only one person should remain, but that'll never happen. With the exeption of physical violence, pretty much everything goes, so they are pissdrunk every day, call eachother names 24 hours a day, they rent hookers and strippers and lots of other people to have fun with. Of the people inside is a mother of two children, she simply left them in the care of het boyfriend, who needless to say wasn't too exited about that prospect but she doesn't care, she has money on her mind. She had plastic surgery inside the house, a boobjob, she's losing weight, and she's never going home again i think, she likes the good life too much. But she's just one example, they're all nutjobs on that villa, the women are all cheap ho's and the guys are disgusting. I wouldn't recommend this show to anyone btw. [/QUOTE]Sadly enough, now that you've put it like this, I actually feel like watching the show. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Speaking of which, I think it's only a matter of time before Jambers decides to pay a visit to DGK.

On the Donor Show:

Dutch organ donor show is hoax

A controversial TV reality show purporting to feature a dying woman deciding who was to receive one of her kidneys has just revealed it was a hoax. The show had sparked intense controversy because the three patients were allegedly competing against each other. The programme makers, who previously produced the landmark reality show "Big Brother", say they want to highlight the shortage of organ donors in the hope more will come forward

Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende had condemned the programme, fearing it will harm the country's image abroad. The health and media ministers also criticised the show but have refused to ban it saying that would amount to censorship.

(Source: Rnw.nl)

I think Plasterk (Dutch minister of Education) was actually quite a good sport about it, calling the show 'a fantastic stunt' after having earlier condemned it in public. Atsma also felt like commenting afterwards. No surprises there. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-01-2007, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #16
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Oh...and yes, the show airs every day, for about half an hour, in which they show the daily highlights. But for the diehard fans, and believe it or not, there's hundreds of thousands of them here, there are live streams on the internet which you can watch 24/7, for a fee of course.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #17
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
So it was a hoax huh? Well, can't say hat i'm amused. I was going to donate my asshole after my death, but they can forget about that now. That'll teach em.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #18
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well Johnny, I guess with that DGK show, if they have that many people paying that fee for live online streams, they are making a lot of money. So I guess that's why they are able to afford it all. Seems crazy to me though that they are making a profit, given that they must pay tons of money to keep everyone living like kings and queens. Really weird concept for a show. How long have they been in the villa so far? Heh, I wonder if the U.S. will pick up on it LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

As for the donor show being a fake, sheesh. Not sure what is worse, a kidney donor reality show, or a fake kidney donor reality show!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #19
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Not sure how long it's been going on, my guess is somewhere between 6 and 8 months.

Take a look at their homepage... http://www.tien.tv/degoudenkooi/homepage.html

The fat guy is completely insane. He calls himself "terror Jaap". At night, when everyone is sleeping, he goes outside to fetch a full trashcan and empties it in someone's bed. I'm talking a full trashcan with food leftovers and such. They tried taking revenge by doing the same thing to him when he's asleep, but he simply rolls over and continues to sleep, he simply doesn't care and he'll shower the next morning.

The black girl is the mother that left her two kids behind. She is truly an evil bitch and thinks the world and all people in it are there for her amusement.

And then there's this guy Brian, who likes to think of himself as some sort of philosopher/poet. The people that watch the show have renamed him "Brainless", because whatever it is he's mumbling, it doesn't make any sense at all, the guy is a complete dumbass and a potential psycho, because whenever he's pissed, he locks himself in a private room and starts kicking and hitting the furniture.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #20
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Btw...just saw another "big brother-ish" show called "the surreal life". How old is that show in the US? They stuffed a bunch of over the hill celebrities in some mansion, but i'm not sure if there's a purpose. I saw Flavor Flav, Brigitte Nielsen, a girl from idols (i think), the guy who played Joey in Full House, a guy from New Kids on the Block, and some weird older latino woman.

What te hell happened to Brigitte Nielsen btw? She looks like a junkie, and she's running around naked all day.