Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2003, 11:26 AM   #21
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:

but you forgot to add that we don't wash ourselves, we don't use soap nor toothpaste, we're (and thaz the consequence) incredibly stinky, also we are very arrogant, we all have a little moustache and a baguette in the hand, the wine is never far, the cigaret always on our lips, we eat cheese like it was candy and we listen ONLY accordion. But oh la la...c'est la vie.
Masklinn,

You met this guy too, I thought it was just me who found him driving a bus in Bayeaux

Old 03-06-2003, 11:26 AM   #22
Masklinn

Quote:
I am happy to see you here, was afraid you had been scared away
Not yet, not yet...Almost though [img]smile.gif[/img]

And yes, I am fully aware that we do have an accent in Paris.

Say la veeh Moiraine - lol
Old 03-06-2003, 11:29 AM   #23
Masklinn

Quote:
Masklinn,

You met this guy too, I thought it was just me who found him driving a bus in Bayeaux
LOL - Bus drivers are the worst.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:32 AM   #24
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Same everywhere no bus drivers here right ?? [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

Oh and you forgot to say he would be wearing a beret!!

In all seriousness my friend's hmm lets see what would he be ..Cousins' uncle is French, and when he visited he insisted on wearing his beret! Thus we went around the shopping centre with this beret sporting uncle..and I thought nobody wore them anymore!!

[ 03-06-2003, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: Sir_Tainly ]

Old 03-06-2003, 11:36 AM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Quote:
Same everywhere no bus drivers here right ?? [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I know a female busdriver. I'm not sure if she's smelly though. Next time when i see her i'll take a sneaky sniff, and let you know.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:38 AM   #26
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I know a female busdriver. I'm not sure if she's smelly though. Next time when i see her i'll take a sneaky sniff, and let you know.
We are getting off topic here [img]tongue.gif[/img] ..but don't get me started on Dutch bus drivers [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

[ 03-06-2003, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Sir_Tainly ]

Old 03-06-2003, 11:42 AM   #27
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Quote:
but I didn't think "Bottom" went well into French, some of the funniest jokes were lost because cultural references.
Indeed.
I used to watch that show every week, I always found it very very funny, but sometimes I was like '...'
Fortunately I understand english a little and that helped me to get some puns [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]See, Green ... er, I mean, Sir Tainly ? ALL the French people here like "Bottom" !
Masklinn, have you watched the "Bottom" live shows ? I bought them from the UK, all in English and no subtitles, it has improved my hearing English no end. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
And thx a lot Realbinky for this wonderful and constructive comment but you forgot to add that we don't wash ourselves, we don't use soap nor toothpaste, we're (and thaz the consequence) incredibly stinky, also we are very arrogant, we all have a little moustache and a baguette in the hand, the wine is never far, the cigaret always on our lips, we eat cheese like it was candy and we listen ONLY accordion. But oh la la...c'est la vie.
Yeah, we are like Dwarves, French women have a mustache too. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Quote:
(And are Moiraine and I really the only french people of IW ? Aren't there some hiding ? )
LOL Either I am a very scary woman, or you and I are the only ones ... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2003, 11:46 AM   #28
Masklinn

We should start a new thread called : "Personal contacts with bus drivers ?"
Old 03-06-2003, 11:48 AM   #29
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
We should start a new thread called : "Personal contacts with bus drivers ?"
Do they have to be french ? Cause don't know any.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:49 AM   #30
Sir_Tainly

Moiraine, you ALL like "Bottom" ?? Now there is an excuse for nation bashing [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Masklinn, I have only every been to 5 countries, outside of my own, and in most cases I have funny stories to tell from my uses of public transport