Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 12:26 AM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

My Evil party has just finished terrorizing Amn in BG2, and man did we have a good time. If you want to read about our exploits in BG1 first, go to this thread: www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002048

In BG2:SoA, my Evil party was Fenris Melkior (Neutral Evil Cleric/Mage), Korgan, Viconia, Edwin, and Montaron. (There are no Evil Thieves in BG2, so I made an exact copy of Montaron from BG1, and brought him into the game when we’d completed Xzar's quest and obtained Monty's body.) A few of the nastier things we enjoyed:

* Left Tirdir in his shallow grave for over a month, with only a rotting corpse to eat
* Gave the Rift Device Part to Gaal
* The head Diseased One wouldn't talk to me while I held the unused Rift Device, so I got his attention by using it on him
* Whiled away the idle time between quests by Backstabbing Good-aligned people that don't cost you Rep. for killing them (the Temple of Lathander was fun)
* The Slaver Ship in the Slums is still running quite well. Why do I want to destroy a perfectly good operation? The best way is to take out their upper management (Guarded Compound) and fill the vacancy yourself.
* I did free Hendak and the slaves, but only to get access to Bernard's better wares. Then I killed Hendak before he'd even killed Lehtinan, and Bernard still gives me the discount. Cool.
* Sided with Bodhi, naturally. All the Thieves can be hurt with normal weapons, so our Arrows of Biting and Darts of Wounding inflicted a lot of pain on them before they died.
* Killed Quallo's friend, then didn't even get Lilarcor
* Betrayed Garren Windspear, then betrayed Firkraag, then killed Windspear
* Drizzt and company were NOT prepared for Edwin casting Time Stop/Dragon's Breath
* Summoned a Pit Fiend in a tavern here and there, just for the hell of it (wasn't as much fun as I’d been hoping for)
* My Bag of Holding contains a lot of cool little keepsakes, including Wellyn's bear, Raissa's skin, those Dryads' acorns, Blackmist+4, and Inspector Aegisfield's body.
* Killing the Elves in Suldenesselar doesn't hurt your Rep, but you only get 2000 EXP apiece.

Me, Korgan, Montaron, Viconia, Edwin. That's only 5 members. What about that empty 6th slot, you say? Ahhhhh. The open slot was used to take in each of the Good and Neutral NPCs, and one by one, absolutely destroy their lives. (The first thing I did with each one was dress them in pink and yellow.) Read on....

Mazzy: The manual says that if you get killed by a Shade, you become a Shade yourself. I tried that, but nothing special happened. I thought maybe they had to kill you by draining your STR, so I had her use a Cursed Scroll of Weakness. Still nothing. So I settled for having her die at the hands of Shadow Patrick and the Shade Lord.
Valygar: Turned him in to Tolgerias, alive. Actual quote from Valygar when I handed him over:
"No! Please! SOMEBODY HELP ME!" That just made me feel giggly all over.
Keldorn: I have this great screenshot of Keldorn using his Detect Evil. Fenris Melkior- Evil. Viconia- Evil. Montaron- Evil. Edwin- Evil. Korgan- Evil. We're all glowing red. You'd think he would have suspected something was up. Sucker. Anyway, first we screwed up his family, and then—-get this—-we made him attack his fellow members of the Radiant Heart. This is tough to do, because as soon as any of them turn hostile to the party, Keldorn leaves, and turns on you. Also, you can't Charm him, because of his Inquisitor kit. So you're out of options.....unless you give him the Cursed Berserking Sword+3. He would have killed more than 3 of them if I'd remembered to have him drink an Oil of Speed, too.
Minsc: Somewhere in the Temple Ruins, there is a Feebleminded squirrel. Somewhere......
(Not much difference, when you really think about it, though.)
Yoshimo: I decided the cruelest way to deal with Yoshimo was not to take him to Spellhold, so his geas would take effect. "It hurts, and then you die." Heh, heh. But before I booted him, I Dualed him and put all of his points into Darts.
Jan: He's a magic-user. He's insane. You know, they have a place for people like that.....it's called Spellhold. So I let him rot in the Government District prison for a month, then took him for a little boat ride. When we got inside, first I erased every spell in his book, then locked him into one of the cells. Ah, sweet incarceration. He could hope for rescue....except that I killed everyone in the Asylum, and the only 2 ways to get in are to use the Wardstone, or get committed by Desharik. Desharik's dead (doubly so), and I....forgot....where I dropped the wardstone. Was it in the Underdark somewhere? Hmm.....
Imoen: What a little sissy! Gets all whiny and blubbery about her soul being taken. Look at me, I'm still whoopin' ass, what's the matter with you? Loser. I abandoned her in the last of the Testing Rooms under Spellhold, the one with the Cloak of Reflection and the 4 Apparitions. If you leave before she can talk to you, she's stuck there forever. Not bad.
Nalia: I couldn't decide whether to Disintegrate her or lock her in a small room with her aunt. I eventually chose Disintegrate, as it had more of a sense of finality.
Jaheira: Got her cursed by Baron Ployer, shot her reputation with the Harpers all to hell, and then took her to the Planar Prison, where I sealed her into one of the cells. (Send her in, destroy the Orb, kick her out, done.)
Anomen: I admit it—I messed up with Anomen. I'd planned to make him fail his test, then when he goes Chaotic Neutral take him to Spellhold and give him the same treatment I wound up giving Jan. But I made the mistake of sending Keldorn on his rampage at the Radiant Heart BEFORE Anomen got tested. I only realized what had happened when I was in the Copper Coronet and Anomen went hostile. Oops. I had to switch to my backup plan of Contagion/Insect Plague/Imprisonment. (Okay, so I hacked in a scroll of Imprisonment, so sue me.)
Aerie: Ah, Aerie. Sweet, naive, innocent little Aerie. First we tied her to a chair and made her watch as we collectively drank three cases of Red Bull (damned Korgan won the drinking contest), and then we gave her the Rod of Terror and had her LITERALLY beat herself to death with an Ugly Stick. In front of Quayle, of course.
Cernd: I found a loophole which enabled me to poison the Druid Grove AND keep Cernd in my party afterwards. Go me. Then we went to Athkatla and did Cernd's quest, but we didn't actually rescue his baby, we just left it there on the floor. Then it was back to Trademeet, were we locked Cernd back up in his very own cell, but only after giving him some nice new equipment: The Bracers of Binding, Ring of Clumsiness and Ring of Folly. Then we went back, got the kid, tossed him into the pool of blood in Bodhi's lair and left him to drown.
Haer'Dalis: A little Flesh to Stone action never hurts (well, it doesn't hurt ME), especially when it's in the Demonic Plane you visit in the Planar Sphere.

I took the Evil paths in the tests of Fear, Pride, and Selfish, and the Good path in the test of Wrath. For Greed, well, you make the call: I got the Tear that corresponds with the Good path, but I still got to kill the Genie and keep Blackrazor. Yay!

Now I've just started ToB. Fenris Melkior is now Levels 17/15, with godly stats of 25/19/20/19/22/20. The 25 STR is from Crom Faeyr, of course, but all the rest are just me. And we haven't even done Watcher's Keep yet. 136 hitpoints, AC= -10 (with Mage spells), THAC0= -3. Forward, men (and my sweetie Viconia), to ravage the lands of Tethyr!
Old 04-16-2002, 12:42 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Cruel, Cruel, Cruel... but very funny [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2002, 12:58 AM   #3
Nicodemus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I just pissed myself laughing at that. You're my hero.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:35 AM   #4
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

LOL
Fargin' Hilarious man... fargin' hilarious... I laughed me elven arse off over here... and busted a gut as well... well done! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2002, 02:42 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Old 04-16-2002, 02:46 AM   #6
Glorfindel

Well 6 you have got a follower... maybe you could start a sixofspades religion [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2002, 02:52 AM   #7
Glorfindel

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
OMG!! Wat a cool smilie [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2002, 03:26 AM   #8
Kronostia
The Magister

*Dreams away* No that is something...that i didnt come up with that !
Hmmm can i like join your personal cult or Religion ? *Worships the evil master* [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2002, 02:36 PM   #9
Lewzbel
The Magister

How creative! I especially like the Pit Fiend idea. "Remember kids...I didn't do it!". And you didn't give the poor kid his Teddy back? Delicious. Absolutely inspired.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:52 PM   #10
Glorfindel

O no... MUCH cruleur things to do to the teddy... even if it doesnt LITERALLY do anything to it.... You cast multiple fire resistance spells on the boy... then Fireball his teady alot, then cast hold on him... and put his teddy bare just a few feet away... when the hold wears off... take the teddy bear and drop it out in the underdark MWHAHAHAHAHA
Closed Thread