Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2002, 12:00 AM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Oh yeah, I said I was gonna let you all know how my Evil game went! [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

I did the standard Evil Party makeup of Kagain, Shar-Teel, Viconia, Montaron and Xzar. (Edwin sucks.) Did you know that if they hadn't messed up the Dual-classing rules in BG1, Shar-Teel could reach Grandmastery while still under the ToSC EXP cap?

On the BG2 and ToB forums, I've seen threads comparing the most Evil things that people have done. Unleashing a Pit Fiend on a group of kids playing in the street is pretty Evil, but here's a few of mine that I thought were nasty:

- Making Khalid & Jaheira kill each other....after I'd dressed them both in pink and used the gender-switching Girdle on each of them
- Telling Duke Eltan to stuff it (his quest to have me investigate the Iron Throne) up his butt
- Taking Duke Eltan's body and dumping it in the sewers (I tried taking it to Arkion, but he didn't care)
- Bringing the Nymph to Ragefast, but only after I'd used a Cursed Scroll of Ugliness on her
- Taking Ajantis, Kivan, and Minsc into my party just long enough to make them Fallen
- Stopped by a few taverns just long enough to cast Cloudkill
- Went on Brielbara's quest to get Yago's Book of Curses, but then I kinda....forgot where I put it. Did I leave it on Werewolf Island somewhere? Oh, I can never remember.....
- Taking the Soultaker Dagger to Ulgoth's, politely handing it to the Cultists, and immeditely leaving
- Used Algernon's Cloak to get big groups of Commoners all huddled together, to make a Fireball MUCH more satisfying
- Outdid Neb: Killed thirty-NINE children, all of them with Drizzt's Frostbrand, and most of them by Backstab
- Went house-to-house in BG city, Backstabbing Commoners in their sleep with the Dagger of Venom
- Went to the Lighthouse map and talked to Ardouine, the woman who wants you to save her son from the Worgs. Shar-Teel convinced me that a real woman would do it herself, so one Charm later, Ardoine is my Tank against the Worgs. Kid got a front-row seat as he watched his mother torn apart by wolves (literally: They chunked her). And then I left without even killing the Worgs.
[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]

I tried to keep my Reputation in the Disliked range (I wanted to get all the Evil dreams), but it sank into Despised when I killed Ulraunt and Tethtoril. Oh well, knowing I'd already killed them made having them visit me in prison that much more fun!

My Neutral Evil Cleric/Mage now has stats of 6/19/19/19/21/19, without items. The Sword Coast is glad to see me go..... [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2002, 12:48 AM   #2
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

"I don't mean to be confrontational, b-b-but could you be a little less... evil?"

Damn Six, that's truly bad to the bone. Some very funny stuff in there. Did peasants line up to meet you at the edge of towns with torches and pitchforks? How did you deal with the Flaming Fist wizards attacking you everywhere you went?
Old 02-26-2002, 01:32 AM   #3
David15
Dungeon Master

Truly Evil, (supresses shudder).
David15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 10:31 AM   #4
Vohl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need to overt my eyes....
And I laughed outloud, so I need to go to church...
Vohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 01:57 PM   #5
Mellagar

How about charming the little kiddies in Naskel and having them attack the Amnish guards. Little children of the corn action there.
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 02:19 PM   #6
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Six, Six,Six..........

I'm going to go dig up my fallen pally M'Align and have a little fun to see if he can in any way measure up to your...evility.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:22 PM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

Nice SOS!!

One day, I will get around to that evil game.

What levels did you finish on??

I bet playing evil limits your EXP???

Well done anyway!
Old 02-26-2002, 09:06 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Mellagar:
How about charming the little kiddies in Naskel and having them attack the Amnish guards. Little children of the corn action there.

Oooo! I didn't even think of that! Well, maybe I would have if the villagers and Amnish Soldiers were still alive (They formed my first line of defense against the Phoenix Guards). Good idea, anyway.

I actually didn't do the truly Evil stuff (backstabbing sleeping commoners, etc.) until the very end, when I was ready to hit the Thieves' Maze. Until then, I tried to keep my Rep. at at least 4: If you have 3 or lower, you've got Flaming Fist and Bounty Hunters spawning everywhere and then it's just work, work, work, all the time! (Thanks, Westley!) I was actually waylaid by the Fist between maps once--I had to go to the map north of the Nashkel Fair to save Hulrik's cow. I killed the Xvarts, talked to Hulrik, got my Rep. point, then killed the cow.

Once I was ready to finally go after Sarevok, I didn't care about my Rep. at all anymore, so I finally let my Chaotic Evil folks (Shar-Teel, Xzar) loose. Upon entering a new map in BG city, I'd move the party indoors, and then unleash Hell. Shar-Teel was Dualed at Level 6, with Quadruple Backstab, great Stealth, and Drizzt's mail, while Xzar took my stash of Invisibility potions, and together they painted the town a gruesome shade of red. Shar-Teel handled the Backstabbing and killing children end, and Xzar did the Cloudkill (and Wand of Fire, when I ran out of Cloudkills) in taverns. And since they were both invisible almost all the time, I had almost no trouble with the Fist. Mmmmmwahahahahaaaaaa! [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img]

Nope, being Evil doesn't actually limit you, I found. I think you can still do all the quests, if your main guy is Charismatic enough. (Tiax, Tiax of all people, refused to talk to my Tank (Kagain) because my Reputation/Charisma was too low. I had to use my PC with his CHA of 19 to get him to talk.) All my guys were at the ToSC exp. cap.

Garnet: I've wondered if it's possible to hack a Fallen Paladin, dualed to Necromancer. Illegal, sure, but not that different from a regular Fighter->Mage, and talk about a great Evil roleplay. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2002, 08:59 AM   #9
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Garnet: I've wondered if it's possible to hack a Fallen Paladin, dualed to Necromancer. Illegal, sure, but not that different from a regular Fighter->Mage, and talk about a great Evil roleplay. [img]smile.gif[/img]

OOh, now that would be a game! I've never finished a game with M'Align but he was a great deal of fun. Unfortunately the pally part of him kept popping up and he'd inadvertedly do something not quite evil enough and then gain a rep point.......but you have inspired me to try again!
Old 03-02-2002, 04:28 PM   #10
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

daaammmn.were you ever in the SS?i think you missed your calling.i think i will use some of these when i run another evil party.
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote