Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2001, 10:04 AM   #1
dulouz
Manshoon

I noticed that my Chaotic Good Preist of Lathander has changed to a Chaotic Evil Preist of Lathander. When did this happen? I assume at some point in Hell back in SoA, but why? Going through all the "tests" in Hell, I chose all the "good" things to do, like give Blackrazor away, sacrifice for my friend, not take the nymphs cloak, etc...

i don't want to be spoiled, so if any answer would spoil me, i'd rather not be answered. I'm just curious as to why i wasn't really told that this happened. It seems like such a change in alignment would have a dream sequence or something to go along with it.

dulouz
dulouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 02:00 PM   #2
Thairen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This may sound dumb ,but whats your reputation at?I leave my party on A.I most of the time to which one member killed a guard when he turned red(after i was caught opening a chest)without my realizing it.The result was my main recieving a FALLEN PALADIN status,I had to reload after some time.This was a while ago and I cant remember if it affected my align though.

[This message has been edited by Thairen (edited 10-14-2001).]
Thairen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 05:42 PM   #3
Dramnek_Ulk

Maybe its a bug, you can change it back with shadowkeeper anyway.

------------------

In nomine Imperatis, guard our armour and our gaze; lubricate our projectile weapons that they do not jam. Bless and brighten the beams of our lasers; fiat lux in tenebris.
He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium to whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day.
Old 10-13-2001, 05:51 PM   #4
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

spoiler i suppose
>
>
>
>
>
whith the dragon did you kill it or talk to it?

------------------
Bruce The Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 08:55 PM   #5
dulouz
Manshoon

Do you mean my reputation? If so, it's 20. Would it have anything to do with giving Sarevok part of my soul to bring him back to life? i wouldn't think so, since thats a nice thing to do...

Quote:
Originally posted by Thairen:
This may sound dumb ,but whats your alignment at?I leave my party on A.I most of the time to which one member killed a guard when he turned red(after i was caught opening a chest)without my realizing it.
Old 10-13-2001, 10:05 PM   #6
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Trying not to spoil anything....but basically once you start ToB a lot of decisions you make in conversation can change your alignment, especially when talking to the Deva. So just think about what answers you give her in various conversations that might change your alignment.
Prime2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 10:51 PM   #7
masteraleph
Elminster

The only thing I can suggest are the hell tests at the end of SOA. The following are the good responses:
Talk to the dragon, rather than kill it
Reject the cloak
Take the loss to save your party member
Give the genie blackrazor
Not turn into the slayer

However, failing any of these generally changes you to neutral evil, not chaotic evil. So I'm not entirely sure how that happened.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 10:02 AM   #8
dulouz
Manshoon

that lousy dragon... i never tried talking to it that would be the problem. I'd much rather have the stats you gain from that than the stuff you get from killing it.

roar.

Ah well, now i'm evil. So is Sarevak. Mebe we will just take over the world together. Poor imoen, she probably feels left out.