Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 06:17 PM   #1
Rallek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just purchased this game, but I was a big fan of the Wizardry series (and hope to be again, pending Wizardry 8) so I am looking forward to getting into it. However I have a couple of questions. First off, I heard there was an unofficial patch released, but the game can be completed without it, I also heard a few rumors that it causes a few bugs. Is there any truth to this, and is the patch worth using?

Secondly I habitually make a back-up copy of every game I buy, (it dates back a few years when my nephew thought my copy of DaggerFall should be used as a coaster... *shudders in abject horror*)but I have been unable to successfully back up Wizards and Warriors. Is this a common problem, or do I merely have my burner set incorrectly? Any information that anyone could offer me would be welcome.

I would also like to say hello to the message board community, I look forward to sharing this interesting seeming game with all of you. Farewell for now, and thanks in advance.
Rallek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 06:31 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board Rallek!!!!!

The game can be completed without the patch and because of some of the unofficial perks that you get without the patch, it is worth trying to run the game without it!

I haven't tried to back up the game - never needed to so really cannot advise you on that.

There are some other threads that might also be of interest to you - on the patch, and many other subjects! We can push some of them back up to the top to make them easier to find - I'll look for some of the other techy threads!

Wyv

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 10:05 PM   #3
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

You should be able to back-up the game, try to copy it slower, I copied it at 2x and it worked for me (and my CD-RW is a crappy generic brand)

As far as the patch goes, it solves little bugs in the game that could be greatly advantageous to you. Personnally, I like playing with the patch better, it provides a more stable environment. But, that's only me.

Regardless, you find W&W a great game to play.

Good luck, have fun and most of all, welcome to the board.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 05-13-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 10:29 PM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hiya Rallek! WW is a great game and this is the best forum you will ever find anywhere! Welcome and keep us updated on your progress - stay close!

About the patch, I had to install it (without saying too much) I had a vampire in my group of adventures who needed to wear a ring that could only be worn when the patch was installed or the game would crash. I haven't had any crashes since I installed the patch. BUT, as Wyvern said, there are some cool perks you can get from some bugs in the games when you don't install the patch. There are more about these in some other threads. But we will wait until you ask before we explain any more right now. Perhaps when you get further in the game, you will want to know, or you will just discover them, or you will read about them in other threads.

In any case, you will love the game I betcha! And again, welcome to a board where all opinions count!
See ya!
Mammawlin

------------------
mammaw's know all, see all, tell nothing
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 11:20 PM   #5
Rallek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all of your opinions and welcomes. This does seem to be a friendly board community, but as far as being the best.... we have quite a little board over at Horizons as well...
Rallek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 11:23 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It's the best as far as we're concerned, IMO! I'm glad to know there's other good ones out there, though.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote