Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Default playtesters needed for new mod "Keeping Yoshimo"

We need playetesters for the alpha version of a new SoA/ToB mod called "Keeping Yoshimo."

In a nutshell, the mod

* allows players to keep Yoshimo for the entire saga
* adds dialogue re: Yoshi's betrayal of the PC (his spying b/c Irenicus' Geas)
* adds an entirely new subplot for Yoshi with dialgoues and an encounter
* adds a Tree of Life dialogue for Yoshi

This is what we have so far for v.1. Mainly, at this stage what we're ready to test is the coding to keep him throughout the saga. We have quite a bit more content in the works, but right now want to get the most basic stuff in good working order.

You can download the latest version from this thread at Spellhold Studios. Please report bugs and comment in that thread.

For those who have always wanted to have this option I think you will not be disappointed. It really is great fun to keep him for the saga. When I first did this (via use of a variable and a game editor, prior to the creation of this mod) Yoshi reached level 38 and became a backstabbing juggernaut.

Last edited by Lemernis; 09-25-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Lemernis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:16 AM   #2
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Default Re: playtesters needed for new mod "Keeping Yoshimo"

Moderator, you may wish to change the thread title to "playtesters needed for new mod (spoiler alert for new players)"

We now have a forum for this mod at Gibberlings 3 so please post bug reports and comments there. You'll soon find the mod available for download in our G3 forum 'workroom', but until it's there you can get it from the the SHS link above.

If you do have time and interest in playtesting this mod, please check in at the G3 forum and we'll give you access to the workroom.

Last edited by Lemernis; 09-28-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Just a caution to players that this is an open Alpha test, and it would be wisest for anyone kind enough to help us playtest at this stage to run a separate game with this mod installed strictly for the purposes of helping us getting it working. We would advise players against adding this mod in its Alpha state to a run-through SoA/ToB in which the player wants to enjoy a bug-free gaming experience.

Edit:

Honestly, it's probably best to wait until we offer a beta test, as there's lots of bugs to be worked out yet. Again, though, if anyone wants to help us alpha test please post at the forum and we'll give you access to the workroom. I'll post again when we're at the beta testing stage.

Last edited by Lemernis; 10-12-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Yoshimo is my favorite NPC from SOA, and I'm looking forward to the chance to try this mod once you have a beta - I'm not much of a playtester, but once you reach the next stage I'll be more than happy to give it a try from start to finish with a new character. I haven't played SOA in about a year and I'm starting to get that itch again.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

How is the debugging going? I look foreword to giving this a go when it is more sorted.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote