Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2000, 02:23 AM   #1
draconia

I am in doing the Planar Sphere quest and I killed the little guys and then I ran into the the little guys that do spells. OMG, I get wiped out and I have tried everything I can and nothing works. I have reloaded my game several times and tried different strageties and nothing I do seems to work. Can someone please give me some suggestions?? Any would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-07-2000, 02:28 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The halflings? Try using Cloudkill or another AOE spell on them to soften them up first, then some summonings to use as cannon fodder. If you have a druid with you Summon Insects/Insect Plague are a really good mage disruption spell. If you can't take them all at once use hit and run tactics to get them to use up their defensive spells then haste your party and go for it.
Old 12-07-2000, 02:30 AM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Who is in your party? If you have mages, have them memorize as many anti-mage spells as possible (eg. breach, pierce shield), if you have a berserker, enrage him (that should keep him save from those annoying maze spells).
Generally, you should summon a whole bunch of monsters and let them absorb the initial damage (nymphs and fire elementals works nice). Then charge in with fighters with mages and archers backing them up. That should be the end of those annoying halfings.
Old 12-07-2000, 02:32 AM   #4
draconia

Thanks Memnoch, I tried using cloudkill and it didn't effect anyone. The ones I didn't attack still were uninjured. I guess they are called halflings. I just guit the game and came here. I have spent 2 hours trying to kill these little guys with no luck. I wil try the insect plaque spell. I haven't tried that one yet. Thank again.

Old 12-07-2000, 02:36 AM   #5
draconia

Well Accord, I have Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie, Valygar, Yoshimo, and myself a thief. I have tried some spells and most of the time they lose their spells. I am quite annoyed at this. What keeps happening when they lose their spells? I haven't figured that out yet. I am not very good at this game but I sure love playing it. Thanks Accord for your help.

Old 12-07-2000, 02:39 AM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Lose you spells? You mean your mage got disrupted when he/she was trying to cast?
Old 12-07-2000, 02:44 AM   #7
draconia

Yes, I couldn't think of the word. Sorry. Yes they kept getting disrupted when they were casting spells.

Old 12-07-2000, 02:49 AM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Try to have them stay a little further back of the group, if things go awry.....well, always keep a trigger happy finger on the space-bar so you can pause the game and re-assign positions. Have Minsc and Valygar concentrate on the halfing fighters. And as Memnoch mentioned (and stressed)have Jaheria cast any insect-related spells at the mage, that should give him an itching time.
Old 12-07-2000, 02:51 AM   #9
draconia

Thanks Accord, I will try that and I hope I can do it this time. If not then I will be back.

Old 12-13-2000, 11:55 PM   #10
Cantrell Staley

There are two major battles with these halfling mages. What I did was set up my party in a defensive position and send one guy in to lure out the halflings so I could take them on one at a time rather than all at once. Then I summoned monsters, insects, fire elementals, etc. and hit them up with arrows while they were fighting them. Even with this strategy I still had two party members killed each time but I just used raise dead on them with my cleric.