Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 02:30 AM   #1
Burner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Apologies if this isn't the correct forum for this, but the RPG forums seem mostly oriented toward computer games.

I'm considering picking up the 3rd edition Monster Manual II. I've looked at it in stores and it looks like it has some good creatures in it, but of course you can only look at so much before the clerks get upset. So I'm wondering what people who've already picked it up think of it.

Also, does anybody know if WotC is planning to do a "3.5" version of this book anytime soon? It wasn't mentioned on their site, but that may not mean anything and I'd hate to pick it up just before a new edition came out. TIA.

Burner
Old 10-03-2003, 04:19 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

MM2 is a pretty good book when you getting tired of making too many encountres by hand. MM2 has more 10+ cr creatures and few below that wich makes it ideal for higher level campaigns.

There are downloaded 3.5 conversions on the official webpage I think. The book is pretty new and many of the odeas in it and from Savage species is already taken up in that so the work you have to do to bring it 3.5 is not that big. I can't find any note on it being converted, but well.. It is wizard's after all so who knows?

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 10-03-2003, 10:06 AM   #3
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

I'm curious: how much does this book cost that there is room for hesitation?
Old 10-03-2003, 11:31 AM   #4
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Burner:
Apologies if this isn't the correct forum for this, but the RPG forums seem mostly oriented toward computer games.

I'm considering picking up the 3rd edition Monster Manual II. I've looked at it in stores and it looks like it has some good creatures in it, but of course you can only look at so much before the clerks get upset. So I'm wondering what people who've already picked it up think of it.

Also, does anybody know if WotC is planning to do a "3.5" version of this book anytime soon? It wasn't mentioned on their site, but that may not mean anything and I'd hate to pick it up just before a new edition came out. TIA.

Burner
I do like the new MM2
Old 10-03-2003, 01:03 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I thought MM2 was a good book, there is a better selection of more imaginative monsters in it than there are in MM1. But yea, it is a good book that goes for about twenty to thirty dollars I think.