Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 04:03 AM   #121
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Well, such as making a post saying I "entered the competition" at the same time that the new picture showed up [img]tongue.gif[/img] And maybe I was the only one who thought the names ralexus and rataxes sound pretty similar.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:08 AM   #122
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:10 AM   #123
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
Well, such as making a post saying I "entered the competition" at the same time that the new picture showed up [img]tongue.gif[/img] And maybe I was the only one who thought the names ralexus and rataxes sound pretty similar.
I haven't looked at the newest pics on the site, but I figured out from the posts here that "ralexus" was probably "rataxes"

Man, 900 votes [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Good job, dude. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2004, 05:06 AM   #124
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Depends on your definition of human
I'd rather say it is the nature of a hopeless herd-animal to seek approval from its peers.
Humans, to me, define the ideals for their herd subjects to apply and compare themselves to. Humans do not seek approval, humans do not need approval. Hell, the concept of social 'approval' doesn't even enter their minds when determining their conduct.
Humans are herd animals. We live in groups. And a lot of us are hopeless. Unless your idea of 'human' is some kind of Nietzchean ubermensch, you have to accept that it is human nature to worry about the opinions of your contemporaries.
When I was younger, I used to be insecure about my body, but since I've grown older and wiser, I've realised that worrying about what other people think just leads to mediocrity. What bothers me about this site is that it appeals to the worst part of human nature, in that it encourages people to judge, and worry about other peoples judgement.

[ 10-06-2004, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Dirty Meg ]
Old 10-06-2004, 05:26 AM   #125
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
What bothers me about this site is that it appeals to the worst part of human nature, in that it encourages people to judge and worry about other peoples judgement.
They do that anyway. All the time. You walk into a bar, a shop, a classroom, an office, people will judge you, judge your appearance, the second they see you. And there's only a happy few people out there who do not worry at all about how they are judged. When you go to a meeting, a party, a job application, a date, you care for your appearance in such a way as you think will make people judge you most favourably.
I think some people are taking this site way too seriously. For me personally it's something completely silly, not something to attach a lot of weight to. I don't deny the importance of one's appearance but neither do I overestimate it. Maybe all the site does is to unveil and draw attention to the fact that we judge and are judged by appearances, but then the fact remains that it is just a symptom, not a cause.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:08 AM   #126
wellard
Dracolisk

What’s with all this philosophy? I just want to check out who has the best pair of boobs [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 10-06-2004, 07:23 AM   #127
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
What’s with all this philosophy? I just want to check out who has the best pair of boobs [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Leave it to wellard to lighten up any situation [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2004, 07:27 AM   #128
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
Oh you're talking about those clues!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Still, I think you should post a picture of your natural self. Without the make-up and the picture-perfect smile [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 10-06-2004, 07:49 AM   #129
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Make-up? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

[ 10-06-2004, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 10-06-2004, 08:44 AM   #130
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah, your eyelashes are too black to be normal

Goal: Beijing 2008