Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2003, 07:01 PM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

---- WORDS WOMEN USE
FINE This is the word women use to end an argument when they feel they are right and you need to shut up. Never use "fine" to describe how a woman
looks - this will cause you to have one of those arguments.

FIVE MINUTES This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the trash, so it's an even trade.

NOTHING This means "something," and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. "Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with "Fine"

GO AHEAD (With Raised Eyebrows!) This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine"

GO AHEAD (Normal Eyebrows) This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care" You will get a "Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing" and "Fine" and she will talk to you in about "Five Minutes" when she cools off.

LOUD SIGH This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment, and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here
and arguing with you over "Nothing"

SOFT SIGH Again, not a word, but a non-verbal statement. "Soft Sighs" mean that she is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe, and she will stay content.

THAT'S OKAY This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard
before paying you back for whatever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is often used with the word "Fine" and in conjunction with a "Raised Eyebrow."

GO AHEAD! At some point in the near future, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

PLEASE DO This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing
whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance with the truth, so be careful and you shouldn't get a "That's Okay"

THANKS A woman is thanking you. Do not faint. Just say you're welcome.

THANKS A LOT This is much different from "Thanks." A woman will say, "Thanks A Lot" when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have offended her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud
Sigh." Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud Sigh," as she will only tell you "Nothing"
Old 10-19-2003, 07:39 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Originally posted by Stormymystic:
Quote:
FIVE MINUTES This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the trash, so it's an even trade.
So true, so true

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 10-19-2003, 08:12 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Thanks for the heads-up Stormy. I'll be sure to watch for the danger signs in any of my future relationships. [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-19-2003, 11:20 PM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

seen it before.. still a good one

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-20-2003, 12:07 AM   #5
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Some of these are only part true. Allow me to modify

FINE This is the word women use to end an argument when they feel they are right and you need to shut up. Never use "fine" to describe how a woman
looks - this will cause you to have one of those arguments.
Except with me, if I see a hot guy, I call him fine. This usually results in varying degrees of jealousy

I fit the "you" statement in this one

SOFT SIGH Again, not a word, but a non-verbal statement. "Soft Sighs" mean that she is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe, and she will stay content.
Or do something else to make her sigh softly again

GO AHEAD! At some point in the near future, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.
And usually right before trouble, the words are THAT DOES IT

These are great stormy, thanks for the laugh

[ 10-20-2003, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Lady Blue03 ]
Old 10-20-2003, 12:21 AM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

glad ya'll liked them, a friend sent them to me, cuz I was starting to unravel you know how it is, trying to be super woman, and you find out that there is not such thing, so I enjoyed them too

p.s. LB I liked your versions too, that made me laugh again
Old 10-20-2003, 12:42 AM   #7
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

To avoid a reply with one or several of the previously mentioned words and phrases, I'll refrain from saying anything.. rational. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2003, 12:53 AM   #8
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Scardy cat Nano

All you gotta do is know what not to say and not say it [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] Think with your right head and if you're ever in doubt of whether or not what you say is right, say nothing
Old 10-20-2003, 12:55 AM   #9
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm sorry D, but you have two heads? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2003, 01:05 AM   #10
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

think I'll let Jen answer that one