Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2002, 07:53 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
What about friends that you don't see a lot becasue they live a bit far away. But phone you ALL the time and are really good friends.

I was just wondering, do they count as real life friends or not??

I think we should stick to who what makes us happy and not to what society judges to be sociable.

Avatar, tip for you: friends are friends. Online or offline, they are REAL. If a person's your friend, then they are your friend - online or not.

Remember that friends are like stars - you may not always see them but you know they are always there.

Like I said, doowatchalyke.

Old 01-15-2002, 07:56 AM   #12
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Mmmm.... ~looks at tartlet~ *sSssmmMmOOoOoOoOoOoOOoOoOoOoOoCcChHhEeSs* do I sense something amiss?

Sweetheart you know how I live. I think it all depends on the situation. And I would totally understand if you had to go out instead of staying to chat to me ~understanding smile~

IRL friends and net friends are just as important as each other. But in order to make life easier it would be a good idea to spend a lot of time with irl friends. Just spend some QUALITY time with each ~BAS~

If my friends invite me to too many parties I decline a few invites but invite them to the parties I am going to too, that way we still get to see each other. A party every other day is ok *nodz* Then every other day you could be on the net ~grynz~ Whaddya think of this solution? We'll talk about this later... ~huggles~

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: ʆë®Ñï†Ý ]

Old 01-15-2002, 08:05 AM   #13
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

I think it also depends. People change and if you don't spend enough time with them, one day you'll take another look at them and realise you actually don't know your "friend" at all...

I know for sure that "friends" that bad mouth you or make vitriolic comments about you after a misunderstanding aren't real friends. Either that or they're just in a seriously bad mood. But if after a while they're still mistreating you then it's not just a mood and maybe you ought to think about moving on...

I've been lucky and it's always been a bad mood. I hope my luck holds out *beaming*

Old 01-15-2002, 08:07 AM   #14
Vampire

quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:

Mmmm.... ~looks at tartlet~ *sSssmmMmOOoOoOoOoOoOOoOoOoOoOoCcChHhEeSs* do I sense something amiss?

Sweetheart you know how I live. I think it all depends on the situation. And I would totally understand if you had to go out instead of staying to chat to me ~understanding smile~

IRL friends and net friends are just as important as each other. But in order to make life easier it would be a good idea to spend a lot of time with irl friends. Just spend some QUALITY time with each ~BAS~

If my friends invite me to too many parties I decline a few invites but invite them to the parties I am going to too, that way we still get to see each other. A party every other day is ok *nodz* Then every other day you could be on the net ~grynz~ Whaddya think of this solution? We'll talk about this later... ~huggles~

EAKS! *blushes* It's really funny because this is the 3rd time you've seen a post that by me you're not supposed to.
Anyway, we'll talk about it later sweetie.
You are penetrating all my secrets on IW!
Old 01-15-2002, 08:16 AM   #15
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

oooooo..... wel at this rate *somebody* wont be worrying much about *friends* at all
Old 01-15-2002, 08:24 AM   #16
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

heheh, actually i like online friends better than real life ones at this point in my life (all the kids in my hometown are traitors and backbiters). doesnt matter to the distance for any of it for me, if theyre better friends than fine.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:04 AM   #17
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

RL friends by far. While sitting in front of the computer is fine, it gets old quick. Well mabey this is because I sit infront of one all day at work, but I have to get away from the computer.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:12 AM   #18
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

I would go with my rl friends because i like to get out of the house. I have a couple good online friends but i have better times with RL friends.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:23 AM   #19
Moiraine
Anubis

But, Avapie, 'online' friends are also a kind of RL friends - they are real people, ya know, just a bit farther away. Having met several for real, I can say I love them as much as my 'RL' friends - I mean those who live less that 1 hour away from my home. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2002, 11:11 AM   #20
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have to agree with Mem, friends are friends. I have both and have to say that I treasure my friends regardless of whether I see them in RL or on-line. I sort of fail to see the big deal and seeing someone "in person." I mean it is nice, wonderful in fact, to get to really give a hug; however, the basis for any friendship is commmunication and I communicate with all my friends. As a very dear and close on-line friend has said to me, the only difference is the means by which we communicate. On-line we communicate by means of a computer (and with some very close friends, the telephone).

I really so no difference.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>