Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 01:56 PM   #31
Thoran
Galvatron

mmm... beer.

Newcastle Nut Brown
Murphys Stout
Guiness (draft ONLY... none of that lame widget crapola)
Corona with Lime
Becks Dark
Harp
Milwaukees Best - My "Quantity not Quality" brew!

Hard Cider... and not the stuff you get at the store (nasty stuff made from Apple Juice - no bite), REAL hard cider tastes totally different. (on our best year we made 60 gallons of the stuff [img]smile.gif[/img] )

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: Thoran ]

Old 01-14-2002, 02:02 PM   #32
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ok, maybe it's just cos I come from the SouthWest of England, but I've never heard of cider made from apple juice, of course it's made from apples, but apple juice!!!!
Old 01-14-2002, 02:44 PM   #33
Durwyn
Elminster

Ah also some of my Russian obsessions,

Baltika =) Love that one.

Also I still think Chezalovakian (hmm misspell hehe) beer is very good, it is made on Seltzer water and it really adds a good swing to it.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:14 PM   #34
Thoran
Galvatron

All the bottled hard cider I've tried has tasted like it was made from sweetened apple juice with alcohol added. It had none of the tartness or natural carbonation (we call it "Twang") that I expect in real hard cider.

Another failing of bottled hard cider might be the apple varieties they use. The way we made cider is to go around to all the farmers in the area and ask if we could harvest the trees in their cow pastures. Now cows LOVE apples, but apples ferment in their stomachs and sour the milk... so farmers are usually more than happy to let us go in and shake their trees. Of course when you do it this way we get a variety of apples and a wide range of "ripeness". I really like to have tart apples in my cider... adds alot of flavor.

In any event... I've never tasted bottled "hard cider" or "apple jack" that didn't taste just plain nasty in comparison to what I expect (disappointing too).
Old 01-14-2002, 05:07 PM   #35
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I don't have any basis from experience of American cider, so I'd be able to better understand how 'hard' hard cider is if you told me what percent it is.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:27 PM   #36
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

Hey LofA! I just realized today is Monday. You know what we do on Mondays don't you?

Yes I do Milamber, HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!!!! I'm sure your celebrating along with me! Works done and when the tough are done working, the tough go drinking! Unfortunatley had to downgrade the beer tonight (broke ) but what the hell I'll drink it anyway!!!