Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2002, 07:35 AM   #11
Smeagol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have to agree with downunda on this one you can't beat a good lager. I think Carling would have to be my fave but Carlsberg Export or Heineken come in a close second.
\"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It\'s what you do when you run for President. You\'ve got to preserve.\"<p>President George W. Bush speaking during Perserverance month.<p>\"I see this glass not half empty, but half full... and more\"<p>President George Bush Sr.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:27 PM   #12
Durwyn
Elminster

Looks like we covered all the tops here, Heinken, Bud, but doesnt anyone drink any foregin beer? Like War Steiner or some Irish beer? I hear in Ireland they got some special sorts of brews and each has a special swing to it, suppose to a good "collection". And same thing in UK hehe.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:31 PM   #13
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Favorite aid to inebriation, huh...........

In no certain order:

***Vodka, Absolut, preferably from the freezer but over ice is fine, unadulterated (no comments about a woman drinking vodka straight, guys!)

***Chimay, a fine brew I came to enjoy in Italy made by monks in (I want to say Bavaria...)

***Bud Lite, ice cold (if I *must* drink swill)

***Honey Mead (or just about any other flavor except spiced--pure ambrosia!!!!!!!)

Now, of course, I do like to mix my vodka at times--I make a lovely little punch called Puckered F**d Russian with one part Absolut, and one part each of two fruit flavored Schnapps (peach and one of the 'pucker' flavors is yummy). Serve icy and no one will realize how messed up they are until they try to stand and say the name of the drink! Or, of course, the inevitable Salty Dog........

Gosh, I sound the lush, don't I!?! I rarely drink, but when I do, I like good stuff! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Garnet FalconDance ]

Old 01-13-2002, 12:32 PM   #14
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
Looks like we covered all the tops here, Heinken, Bud, but doesnt anyone drink any foregin beer? Like War Steiner or some Irish beer? I hear in Ireland they got some special sorts of brews and each has a special swing to it, suppose to a good "collection". And same thing in UK hehe.

Where are you from Durwyn, my dwarven friend? We must go out for a drink sometime

You're right about Warsteiner, it's a good beer and really refreshing. I also agree with you on Irish alcohol. I can't say I like Guiness or dark beer in general, but Murphy's Irish Red is great. Still, until you've been to Holland and tried Heineken, Grolsch, Amstel and Bavaria, you ain't see nothing!

Old 01-13-2002, 12:35 PM   #15
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Guiness
St. Brendans Cream
I have heard you can't call an Irish brew good less you can see the brewery from your window.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:37 PM   #16
Durwyn
Elminster

quote:
"***Chimay, a fine brew I came to enjoy in Italy made by monks in (I want to say Bavaria...)
- Posted by Garnet.

There we go! Some deep stuff hehe. I've tried that, and can agree with you on that one [img]smile.gif[/img] .

And Arledrian, I'm native Russian, but I've been living in New York for almost 5 years now [img]smile.gif[/img] . I travel to Europe occasionally, been to London and Germany, hope to go there again. If you're nearby there, I'd be glad to go for a drink with ye me friend *harrr haarrr*.

Cheers! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2002, 02:22 PM   #17
Jorath Calar
Harper

If it's alcohol and flows, I'll drink it... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Nah just kidding, Lets see:
Beck
Heineken
Fosters
Corona
Tuborg
Prince Christian
San Miguel
These are all favourite beer
but my fave booze is smirnoff vodka mixed with sprite and "magic Energy kick". It keeps you up all night

I'm a weekend drinker, I start on saturday and end on friday
Old 01-13-2002, 02:37 PM   #18
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
If it's alcohol and flows, I'll drink it... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Nah just kidding, Lets see:
Beck
Heineken
Fosters
Corona
Tuborg
Prince Christian
San Miguel
These are all favourite beer
but my fave booze is smirnoff vodka mixed with sprite and "magic Energy kick". It keeps you up all night

Ouch!! Beck is a party foul.

LofA- I'm with you brother. We should have 1 or 15 beers for Ziroc's wife. Then we should have a couple of more after that because today's Sunday. Then maybe just one or two more after that for general purposes.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 01-13-2002, 03:31 PM   #19
Durwyn
Elminster

quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:

Hehe, you mean you're an all week drinker heheh .

Cheers![/color]

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Durwyn ]

Old 01-13-2002, 03:36 PM   #20
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

My top 5: (not necessarily in preferential order)

1-'Teacher's' Scotch Whisky
2-'Jack Daniel's' Whisky
3-'VAT 69' Malt Brandy
4-'Scrumpy Jack'
5-Cider in general