Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2002, 09:24 AM   #1
Gruenwald
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just me again asking stupid questions.

When determining your character abilities why is it that I have noticed that the rolls for characters such as Paladins, Rangers and Druids are higher than that of fighters (especially berserkers). Am I just extremely unlucky with my character construction or is this the programmers doing?

Cheers
Gruenwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 09:28 AM   #2
Daniel_M
Elminster

Since the rolls are completly random, the answer is no your not unlucky you just have to sit there clicking roll for ages, or another way is to put your charisma down to like 5 or 6 and use the extra points to raise the stats untill you get the ring of human influence (Charisma 18)
Old 04-16-2002, 09:31 AM   #3
Gruenwald
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ahh cheers for that.

Another quick question is of I was to use SK, would it permanently mark my character as being modified. In cases such as NeverWinter Nights (which i can't wait for), would that game detect the use of SK?
Old 04-16-2002, 09:52 AM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

For a start... Druids etc have higher rolls because they have higher Minimums [img]smile.gif[/img] ... and as for NWN it wont permanately mark it... but u wont be able to load your BG2 characters into NWN despite what one of the loading screens says
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 09:56 AM   #5
Kezardin
Elminster

Gruenwald,

the classes you mentioned have some (fairly high) minimum attributes for one or more stats, which makes it easier to get a better total than for other classes. For example, a paladin needs a minimum CHA of 17, so the die roll for that attribute will *always* be 17 or 18.

Ranger/clerics can also get some fairly decent rolls

Kez
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 10:44 AM   #6
Gruenwald
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Glorfindal,

You've lost me on that point about not being able to load in our BG2 characters into NWN. I thought the whole idea of NWN was to allow us to continue with our characters from BG2 (although not the actual story as it ended with ToB).

Cheers
Old 04-16-2002, 03:38 PM   #7
Wedin

Quote:
Originally posted by Gruenwald:
Glorfindal,

You've lost me on that point about not being able to load in our BG2 characters into NWN. I thought the whole idea of NWN was to allow us to continue with our characters from BG2 (although not the actual story as it ended with ToB).

Cheers
Well, you will get to keep the name, the class and the race. But the character will have 1 exp, you must reroll the stats and reselect your spells. And you won't be allowed to keep any items.
So, technically, you can import your BG2-character, but it won't benefit in any way.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:56 AM   #8
Nicodemus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually, Bioware announced on February 20th that they will not be allowing BG imports at all, since it would be pointless.

Importing of BG and BGII characters?

[Preston] In NWN we will not be supporting the importing of BG characters. In the past we had expressed a desire to do so, but after recent events we revisited the earlier decision. We now have a slight conflict regarding this feature, as NWN in published through Infogrames and the BG line of games are published by Interplay. We also found this planned feature to be somewhat redundant after we noticed our QA team had already re-created all their favorite character from the past using the toolset

For more info on new developments in NWN, you can keep posted at
Bioware's NWN Top 10 Q&A page

(if I have to edit this post once more, I am going to seek professional help at Typos Anonymous)

[ 04-17-2002, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Nicodemus ]