Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2004, 11:26 AM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">Watched a few movies this weekend: Rundown, Holes, and Honey.

The Rundown was good but not as good as all the hype surrounding it. Took several days for me to get my hands on this one as all the movies were gone from several stores. Worth renting but don't listen to the hype you may be disappointed!!! 6 out of 10. I might have gave it 7 but it was over hyped but it as the Rock so watch it. I look forward to more of his movies.

Honey seemed to have gotten poor reviews but I actually liked it. I would call it a chick flick but after being subjected to movies like "Dirty Dancing" this is a piece of work, at least guys can watch it with there significant others and not feel they are being subjected to some form of hideous torture. One of the better dance movies and worth renting. 6 out of 10.

Holes, well I most say I was quite impressed by this movie. At first I was like a little violent for a Disney movie, but when you think about all those cartoons it really isn't that violent. This movie was fun and if you figured out the story about half way to three quarters of the way through it will leave you feeling pretty smart. You have to be really paying attention to last names and things. One of the great things about this movie is I felt like I was a part of the movie as I sat putting the pieces of the puzzle together and how every thing fits together. I really liked how they filmed this movie by going back to the past, kind of like giving you a piece of the puzzle. Anyway for me this was 8 out 10 a really fun movie for most of the family to enjoy.

Anyone else have any movie rental reviews?</font>

[ 03-29-2004, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:47 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">Last night I watched "Gothika" I am not a big Berry fan but this movie is a great supernatural, edge of the seat suspense. The movie is about a female psychiatrist who wakes up as a patient in the asylum and finds that she is being charged with a murder she has no memory of committing. As she wrestles to regain her memory, she finds that she is the pawn of a vengeful spirit. I figured out the main plot in the first ten minutes but there is an extra twist that I didn't figure out until the end. Great movie well worth renting or buying. 8.5 out 10.</font>

[ 04-02-2004, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote