Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 02:43 PM   #1
Vernon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Dwarfe one before you get to the underdark. (side note still to defeat them) The Lolth battle in the Underdark. (still to do the battle) To defeat the mage who made the drider .(still to do) An what worse is i left my armour for one of my charecter when i did the 8 tasks to become a monk of the raven thingymajig.

[ 11-07-2005, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Vernon ]
Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:36 AM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Welcome to Ironworks!

So, are you unable to complete these battless? Well, none of those, if I recall correctly, are that difficult. If you list your party builds and items, then we can probably give you a hand in your strategy.

As long as you haven't left the underdark, you can go back and get your items that you left in the monastery.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
Vernon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Done them by getting loads of spells casted on me by Malevon but noww i'm out of the Mind Flayers labrinyth an i'm on the battle with the 3 earth elementals all those harpys an them npcs.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:29 AM   #4
Redcodekevin
Dungeon Master

POSSIBLE SPOILER
Dude... You have to get way cooler when facing the efreetis... That's a battle that pisses me off, and I know it's not that difficult.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:04 PM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Yo Vernon, no offense, but you seem to be having trouble with somewhat easy battles (of course, this game has become somewhat easy for me).

Why don't you post your party composition, stats, and items? I'm sure we can offer advice on what you could do to improve your characters, and we can give strategies for using them in harmony.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:22 AM   #6
Vernon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did that one as well plz tell me i'm on a difficult battle now the one in the with the big circle an you summon the dragon if that not hard then i don't know what is

An i'll tell you my party
Level 12 Fighter Henun Jubio(Malevon Magic neckalce an a helmet i found in a cave which can use frost fingers once per day
Level 13 Druid Special ability can trasform into shambling Mound an has a pole arm for a weapon
Teruk Proudfoot Level 7 thief level 5 Bard
Frenb Kae lever 11 Very powerful Socerer has a necklace of missles.
Karen Julun wizard level 13 weapon of Barud Barzam
Ranger level 12.....

I know it not that helpful but this is me dad computer i'll try copying them down sometime

[ 11-10-2005, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: Vernon ]
Old 11-10-2005, 03:12 PM   #7
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm... well, your party is pretty balanced, but I can suggest some improvements.

Firstly, are you a powergamer or a roleplayer? In case you don't know, a roleplayer picks realistic classes and races, and never resorts to "min-maxing" (INT and CHA being 3 for tanks). A powergamer picks unrealistic classes in the sole interest of power, min-maxing all the way and picking the best classes/races possible. I'm a powergamer, and therefore will offer powergamer advice, so this may not fit your playing style.

Character 1:
Well, a pure fighter is down there with the pure ranger as the worst pureclass tanks available. Instead, a fighter4/paladin or barbarian works well, since four levels of fighter gets you more or less all the benefits of the fighter class. Paladins and barbarians are on par with fighters in fighting capability, but have awesome abilities. Monks are also good for a high armor class.

Character 2:
Others may disagree, but I find clerics to be vastly superior to druids. Also, add on four levels of fighter or two levels of paladin for added melee capability.

Character 3:
In my opinion, theiving levels are a waste. Take either one or two theiving levels in a mage build to cover for the entire game. A high level theif can be powerful, but I can never get them to carry their own weight. Also, the addition of bard levels will drastically reduce your ability as a combat theif.

Character 4:
Sorcerers rock. Period. The only suggestions I have here would be to take aasimar or Drow for added CHA. If aasimar, add on two levels of paladin.

Character 5:
Wizards rock. Period. They are only outshone combat-wise by sorcerers, but they have more versatility. Consider using a Drow for added INT. Also, adding on one or two levels of rogue can give you all the theivery that you need for the game.

Character 6:
Well... rangers tend to be useless in my experience past the first level, which grants you dual wielding benefits. I'd switch this guy out for another spellcaster, such as a priest or mage.

Well, as is your party could still beat the game, just with some added difficulty. It's too late to switch out your characters for new ones now, but maybe next time you play you can try some of my ideas.

With the party above, send your fighter in first to draw fire, then flank attack with the ranger. If he has the lingering song feat, your theif/bard can also participate in the flank attack. Keep your wizard and sorcerer in the back, raining hell on the enemies, whilst your druid uses support spells and healing. When push comes to shove, the druid can also leap into the fray, but try to keep him protected. Since he uses polearms, he can hit past the wall that your other melee guys will make.
Good luck!
Old 11-10-2005, 03:46 PM   #8
Vernon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I really need help with that Guardian i tried summoning that not failed me now it has i tried loads of spells i really need help on The God of the Yaun Ti the heart of their religion iknow you don't have to defeat him but i want to for exp.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #9
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm... well, theres the cheap method of nailing him with a finger of death, but that kind of steals the satisfaction of winning the fight.

Here's what I'd do. Use the bard's anti-fear song to keep your guys fighting as long as possible, and summon up as much fodder as possible. Be sure to prebuff with spells like haste. During the fight, wack away with your melee guys, and have your mages (if they can, I don't remember) use Mordenkainan's Sword on the gaurdian. If they don't have that, use direct damage spells such as flame arrow.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:45 PM   #10
ZFR
Legion Symbol

The two spells that really help against the guardian are call lightning and static charge. You have ranger and druid who can do both. Here is a tactic. This tactic assumes you use other buffs (ANTI-FEAR), offensive spells and so on. Semi-cheese (not real cheese). I used it only the first time I played.

Quote:
had my druid memorize all call lightning and static charge (5 CL and 4 SC in total)... have wizrd memorize outiluke's resilient sphere

rest... then have the druid cast all call lightnings and static charges BEFORE summoning the guardian.... summon the guardian, then have the guy who summoned it stand at the top of the stairs and cast outilukes resilient sphere on him... he will block Chahopek from advancing.... have the druid stand around... since call lightning and static charge repeat themselves every 10 rounds at about this time they will start hitting chahopek again.... you can help with some other spells... thats basically it
Just a clarification. The guy hidden in the otilukes resilient spehre is not thre to draw the dragon's attacks. If you have the patch the dragon will not attack anyone in the sphere. The reason the guy in sphere is there is to stand between you and the dragon. The dragon is big and won't be able to pass through and reach you. And if he teleports you change sides again. Always have the sphere between you and dragon so he cant hit you and simply kill the dragon with call lightning/static charge and aided with other spells.
Remember: You must cast all call lightning and static charge before summoning the dragon, else the druid can get easily disrupted while casting in dragon's presence.