Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 12:45 PM   #1
IronchefMike
Welcomed New User

Does anyone know if a No CD patch exists for IWD 2 yet? Or is one not forthcoming?

I could see why it doesn't exist, as it might promote software piracy, and the only reason I want it is so I can play my favorite music CD's while I'm playing and don't want the IWD 2 CD to just sit there in my CD drive.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-21-2002, 01:18 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The only real patch that is out at this time is the official bug fix that is found in my link provided in another thread on this forum. No other patches have been released, except the prior betas.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:30 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I am not aware of any no-cd patch for Icewind Dale II yet.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:59 AM   #4
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

I know a site which have a lot of NO-CD patch collections but since this is a very sensitive issue, I will wait for the moderators to give the green light before posting the links here.

~meow~
Old 10-22-2002, 01:30 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote from the rules and regulations by Ziroc:

"The only possible thing you CAN discuss is the so-called 'cracks' for no CD operation. SOME Games don't work on some peoples CD-ROM's. This is because of a special copy protection called 'Safe Disc'. But that is it. Anything else is considered pirating"

So yes it seems this is is allowed here. I would never get a pirate game of IWD2 or any of these games anyway for the simple reason that I love what Black Isle are doing and, I support them. To pirate games is for the Black Isle staff to not recieve the well-earned rewards for the work they have contributed toward our entertainment and fufilling our RPG fantasies. IMHO they deserve to get paid for what they do, like any of us would in any profession. Long live that Infinity Engine as it ages in style! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2002, 01:58 AM   #6
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Yes, discussing the subject about No-CD crack is okay, but posting links is another matter. In any case, I don't feel lucky today and I am not about to get banned for misinterpreting the rules or anything.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:16 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes I know what you mean, and I agree theres certainly a degree of interpretation to take into mind so best to wait for a Moderator to clarify.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:25 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Originally posted by IronchefMike:

"I could see why it doesn't exist, as it might promote software piracy, and the only reason I want it is so I can play my favorite music CD's while I'm playing and don't want the IWD 2 CD to just sit there in my CD drive"

By the way & just as a side, I don't think the game would allow your audio card to be used by two things whilst playing IWD2 as it uses up most of your sound input and even if you had a partition...these games kinda suck without sound, its kind of a necessity anyways - why not just try a stereo in the background if you really want the music cd playing?
Old 10-22-2002, 07:36 AM   #9
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Manshoon

well if you have the "real game" the following thing helps
u need two progamms:

the 1st is called "daemon tools" it's able to emulate up to 5 cd-roms include softwareprotections and it's free [img]smile.gif[/img]

the 2nd is a program u have to pay for - but there are also demos avaible - maybe they fit u needs ...

it's a program to generate an 1:1 image of u cd on hdd - blindwrite,clonecd e.g i don't know if cdrwin works also - no nero, easy cd creator winoncd doesn't work!

this should help i use it for all my games ... u have to know my cd-drive is a noisy one ...

signed meriadoc brandybuck, holdwine of the mark

to the mods if u think it's against the rulez, pls delete it!!
Old 10-22-2002, 09:18 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I understand the rules to mean that it is okay to post that link to the NO CD crack. You may do so, since it is permission that you are asking, and I will take the heat from Ziroc if I am wrong.
Closed Thread