Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2002, 02:40 PM   #1
Aredendra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright, the next question (I chose to just tell Aruma about Sal's plan). Is there ANYTHING I can do to get around those bloody chambers? IE: kill everyone in sight? Then I could get exp from the Dreugar or whatever too. Hmmmm. I'm having trouble with that clockwork chamber. I only have one person that can cast prot from electricity. Only thing I was thinking of doing was summoning as many monsters as possible and getting them to kill the monks for me. One problem- how do I avoid the fire burst at the end? I read something about stepping on their platforms, but that doesn't seem to have worked.
Old 09-27-2002, 03:07 PM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

The 8 chambers are not that tough. There are 2 strong choices for making thru without much difficulty.

1. Monk. Duh. These are challenges for monks.

2. Cleric. Clerics can summon monsters/undead to fight the challenge monks and cast protection spells to protect themselves from fire, etc. in the chambers.

Chamber #3: You don't need to cast a protection from lightning spell to survive this chamber. Look carefully at the symbols on the floor. One of them is the symbol for protection from lightning. Stand there when a monk is going to fire a lightning bolt at you.

Chamber #4: The clockwork monks. I stood on the pedestal. But then again, if you use a cleric, you can summon a monster ASAP after starting the chamger, then cast a protection from fire on yourself.

I have heard that you might be able to pickpocket a key from the chamber master to bypass the chambers. But the chambers are worth plenty of XP and really weren't that difficult. (Well, the final chamber can be a pain. But it is still winable by a cleric with good tactics, i.e. summon a fire elemental, protction from evil on yourself, prot. from fire on yourself.)
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 03:41 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

When you kill the monk and the timer for the fireball start, a switch will appear somewhere on the room, activate it to disable the fireball. You can know where the switch as when the timer start you will see a small visual effect where the switch is.
Old 10-17-2002, 04:08 AM   #4
Faba du Paryse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

chamber #4, clockwork one, when a monk started his countdown to explode into a fireball, I stood on the spot where the 2nd monk starts and the fireball had no effect on me (, may work one the spots where the other monks start, haven't tried it yet)

maybe the solution maybe just pure luck?
Faba du Paryse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 04:36 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Faba du Paryse:
chamber #4, clockwork one, when a monk started his countdown to explode into a fireball, I stood on the spot where the 2nd monk starts and the fireball had no effect on me (, may work one the spots where the other monks start, haven't tried it yet)

maybe the solution maybe just pure luck?
I said the solution already. Standing there is just a bug.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:35 AM   #6
Faba du Paryse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, ...o.k.

[ 10-17-2002, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Faba du Paryse ]
Old 10-17-2002, 10:39 AM   #7
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Faba du Paryse:
well, excuse me for reacting 'mister moderator'
A piece of advice since you are quite new here:

Never pick a fight, especially with the mods
Old 10-17-2002, 10:42 AM   #8
Faba du Paryse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

after my post i read the 'rules and regulations' and decided to change my comment, sorry

Luvian... just delete my last two post, 'cause they have no relevance to the game.

[ 10-17-2002, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Faba du Paryse ]
Old 10-17-2002, 04:37 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Don't worry, I am the one who was a little rude, sorry.

It's just that the fact that no one know the legit way to make it is a pet peeve of mine. That get me mad, for some reason. And after the 20th thread about it, I sometime have little patience left, especially when it's 4am in the morning.

Your way of doing it is working, so it is as good as any. But I wish people would learn the legit way.
Old 10-18-2002, 04:08 AM   #10
Faba du Paryse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No-offence and point taken [img]smile.gif[/img] , but if I can just say one more little thing about it,
maybe the reason noone knows the legit way of defeating this chamber is due to the fact that its so darn unnoticable.
Granted, when you use a fighter-type character you could see it happening BUT when you have a wizard/sorceror or druid who casts and summons the light out of his eyes just to stay alive,
then you have maybe 3 summons, some effect spells or area spells going on in this tiny room, there’s no way in h*ll uhh…the infernal abyss you would notice a tiny change in the room at all. Especially at 1024x768 or higher.
It's just not well thought out of the makers. (don't get me wrong,this game ROCKS)

I went through this room 4 times with different characters without any trouble at all, but had the best result with my druid summoning some critters and casting turtle (or tortoise??) shell on himself, and not once did I notice a tiny visual effect happening.

But you are right…whatever gets you through the mess, is a legit way of handeling things.
And I sure do understand that you as moderator would get a bit tired of having to see people miss it over and over again when the solution is so obvious to you, so let’s all blame the makers of the game for this one [img]tongue.gif[/img]

that's all.