Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2002, 03:16 PM   #1
basejump77
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay Okay so I know that I am a complete idiot and have probably passed by or may have even killed Marketh already but I don't think so. I have all five badges but Marketh's and I have no idea where to find him, can some one please help this lost adventurer.

Oh yah and another quick question, the druid at the severed hand I have given him pure water and seeds, is there anything else I can get him? If so where would they be?

Last question anyone know of some sweet weapons I can get and where to get them before I unlock the badge staircase?

Thanks for all help in advance.
basejump77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 03:34 PM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Spoiler
Basejump77, in the "mushroom garden" area in Lower Dorn's Deep take the NW door to enter Marketh's stronghold. Marketh will be on the 2nd floor. Here is a map which shows his location.

Yes, there are other items that you can return to the arboretum in the Severed Hand. Specifically, you should be able to find: a bag of seeds, some squirrels and a cage with small birds. All of these can be taken back to the arboretum for experience points.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:02 PM   #3
Roboghost
Manshoon

and...
also the H20 (pure water) from the giant ice dudes (that can split you in two with their axes).
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 08:49 PM   #4
basejump77
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cyril,
I must be missing something because I still cannot find Markeths Stronghold. Okay you said the mushroom garden. Is this the garden with all of the Blue Myconids and the Ettins? Or is it the one with the Red Myconids? Explain to my dense self step by step how to get there. Starting from the top.
Where are the squirrels and rabbits?
Old 12-17-2002, 10:26 PM   #5
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Here you go basejump. Take the southern exit from the "artists area " of Lower Dorn's (the area with all the umbers-The door in the north led to Malavon). In the first area after you are done with the myconoids, speak to the gnomes. Be careful not to injure them with any area spells. Then take the NW exit. You're on your own from there and will have a few fights before you reach Marketh, along with a moral dilemna. You will also want to grab the potato for your hungry friends at the bottom of the elevator shaft in the first Lower Dorn's area.
On a side note, after you take the potato to Tarnelm, you should go to the far side of that cave and wait. Once you're done, exit through one of the caves that the ***** came through for another area.

If you haven't done any of this yet then you have some more to do before you are ready to place the badges. You will find some weapons in the new area that I spoke of above. I believe (but am not entirely certain) that the birds and possible the other animals can be purchased there too.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 12:14 AM   #6
basejump77
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Cyril and Peytin I found what I have been looking for, the door was there all along but I thought that I had already gone in that one to Priest paradiem. Once again thanks guys.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:31 AM   #7
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Glad to see you've got things moving along again, Basejump!

Do you by any chance have a paladin in your party? [This is with regard to your question about weapons]

BTW - Very nicely explained, Peytin [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2002, 07:14 AM   #8
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

Thanks for the comp Cyril. It can be hard sometimes to lead someone without spoiling the surprise.

Basejump--Do you have Heart of Winter installed? If you do you will want to do things a little differently before you go up the staircase after placing the badges.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 03:36 PM   #9
basejump77
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cyril: Yes I have a paladin is there any better weapons?
Peytin: Unfortunately I only have the measly IWD installed. Is the heart of winter worth buying, now that ..............well I had one of those all nighters last night and conquered the game, now on to IWD2 I guess. I was kind of dissapointed on the ending. After coming from TOB and the enemies are super hard IWD was a little bit of a let down, the funny thing is IWD was made before TOB and I feel it has better graphics and landscapes. Anyways thanks for your guys help. You ever play online at all? If so is it worth it?
Old 12-18-2002, 05:08 PM   #10
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Basejump, I'm impressed. Most people seem to have a fairly tough time of the final battle in IWD their first time through. Nice work and congratulations on finishing the game [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

If you can get hold of a copy of HOW by all means do so! It not only adds a new adventure but also improves the replayability of the original game as well as adding a few nifty features like scroll cases and potion bags, new spells and weapons. Also there is an additional expansion, The Trials of the Luremaster, which is available as a free download once you have HOW installed.

Since you do have a paladin, you want to make sure not to miss the longsword Pale Justice which can be found in the Artisan's District in Lower Dorns Deep. It is +7 against evil creatures and confers immunity to fear and charm spells.