Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2009, 04:09 AM   #11
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, August 17, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Wooo, it's a hot day around Boston, the high 95 degrees f.
I would love to be there at the moment. 35 degrees C sounds great, although it was pretty nice today.

Wellard, you slacker! Do some work!
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #12
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Hey all

I've been away for a few days, trying to have a relaxing week off.
In the first day in my new house, I nearly set myself on fire twice, accidentally filled the kitchen with gas over about 12 hours, and met Steve unexpectedly. THen the next day, I got ill and shaping blue foam into the shape of a pterosaur head for a display in London has given me a cough. That stuff gets in your throat.

On the plus side, it has been a break from living with my parents, and I've found a rather good band called Kamelot, and contacted my friend Sam.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #13
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I love doing stuff around the house too Variol.

Wellard , get to Work man!

Wooo, it's a hot day around Boston, the high 95 degrees f.
yes sir!

well I nearly finished it but today I went for a motorbike ride with some work mates, a glorious sunny winters day - midweek, little traffic and few cops, good fun.

so I guess I will have to finish tomorrow

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #14
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Rider2 View Post
I would love to be there at the moment. 35 degrees C sounds great, although it was pretty nice today.

Wellard, you slacker! Do some work!
Geee wiz you guys nag like my wife

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #15
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
Hey all

I've been away for a few days, trying to have a relaxing week off.
In the first day in my new house, I nearly set myself on fire twice, accidentally filled the kitchen with gas over about 12 hours, and met Steve unexpectedly. THen the next day, I got ill and shaping blue foam into the shape of a pterosaur head for a display in London has given me a cough. That stuff gets in your throat.

On the plus side, it has been a break from living with my parents, and I've found a rather good band called Kamelot, and contacted my friend Sam.
Ermmm.... g'day, DS! Glad to see you're... still alive, frankly!

I'm not sure I care to hear what you'd do during a *stressful* week, but at least there are those positives!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #16
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hi everyone! Been awhile since I posted here. In few months, I'll be officially divorced, wee. I'm nice and settled in my new place on the 16th floor. So weird feeling living in a highrise again. Great views though being so high, I love the balcony. Unforch, they are doing balcony repairs throughout the entire complex, and the repairmen sealed my balcony door shut...until who knows when. Now that sucks LOL. So all I got left is my bedroom window for any access to the outside world, outside air, and the repairmen took the screen out of that window as well! Blah, I open it anyway at night to get the cool fresh air coming in. Ha, you'd think no flies or mosquitoes or moths would be flying around that high in the air to get in that window? but they do now and then. I've dramatically shooed out quite a few impressive specimens of the flying bug family of late LOL.

I really wanted to take advantage of that cash for clunkers deal, but it turned out my clunker got good gas mileage lol, DOH! BAH, whatevs. It just passed inspection so I'm good for another year I'm tellin myself LOL. I just don't know what to get re a new/used car yet. And I'm sure any car delaer would love my ignorant self. I got a subscription to Consumer Reports and I hope when the day comes where I do buy a new car, it can help me get a good deal and know what to look out for good and bad.

On a totally random note: I found a LARGE bag of Munchos today in a 7-11. Not your usual size, a big one like a big bag of chips. First time I've ever seen one of those before! Oh the simple things in life...

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:21 AM   #17
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Hmm, back when I had an income I was eyeing the Yaris for a bit, pretty good mileage I think it was like 35 mpg city. And if you got it bare-bones manual trans it was a little over 10k new. Not sure what it is now though.

Anywho, later today we're holding a picnic to celebrate my sisters graduation from college. She's got her bach. in accounting or something like that. She's planning to go for her Masters and become a CPA. Though she'd thought about looking into a career with the FBI as a forensic accountant. But apparrently they have an extremely strict hiring standard.

I couldn't stand living in a high rise. Not fear of heights but by far I prefer ground level living. Maybe I'm part hobit?

Oh and watched a nice episode of Holme's on Homes today. Ladie's previous tenants had apparrently used the building as a marijuana growth center. Totally decimated the interior. I would have been tempted to demo and start over.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:46 AM   #18
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Wellard, nagging is what we're here for!

Nah, just kidding. I like being lazy. Sit around and watch Star Trek all day or spend hours playing on the computer. That's what dreams are made of.

Sorry to hear about the divorce, Ladyzekke. You ever need someone to cyber-bash, I'm here for you. That goes for all of you.

Firestormalpha, what did you think of the Yaris? I don't like the positioning of the spedometer, etc. The middle of the dashboard is a little strange, and can be dangerous when driving.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #19
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Rider2 View Post
Firestormalpha, what did you think of the Yaris? I don't like the positioning of the spedometer, etc. The middle of the dashboard is a little strange, and can be dangerous when driving.
The sad part is that I was fired before I could find time to get to a dealership. I only ever checked it out online. And they didn't have any driver-perspective interior views at the time.

However, based on what I saw online I kinda liked it.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 08-22-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:17 AM   #20
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Hello all.

I'm a little depressed at the moment. A friend of mine passed away. Very sad, and it is now causing quite a few problems which I would rather have avoided.

Almost the end of the weekend again *sigh*. I need to sleeeeeeeeeeep...