Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2002, 04:16 PM   #11
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Otyluke them all, then.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:50 PM   #12
eL_PuSHeR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After 20 tries or so, I did it!!!

I bested Isair and Madae. Just my paladin remained alive, though.
eL_PuSHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 10:48 PM   #13
nightshift001
The Magister

Just a couple of questions please.....i am facing the final battle at the moment but i cant seem to get past the first part ....as soon as you are teleported to the throne room.......i manage to kill all of the i and ms allies but there seems to be endless monsters being summonned and i did purify the pool.......what lvl where your characters by this stage?
if this is them when theyre weakened id hate to see them when they are at full strength....whew......
What tactics did u guys use....specific spells..attacks....buffs and so on....
and lastly what party combinations......all help appreciated....im stuck big time...
nightshift
nightshift001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 12:33 AM   #14
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by nightshift001:
Just a couple of questions please.....i am facing the final battle at the moment but i cant seem to get past the first part ....as soon as you are teleported to the throne room.......i manage to kill all of the i and ms allies but there seems to be endless monsters being summonned and i did purify the pool.......what lvl where your characters by this stage?
if this is them when theyre weakened id hate to see them when they are at full strength....whew......
What tactics did u guys use....specific spells..attacks....buffs and so on....
and lastly what party combinations......all help appreciated....im stuck big time...
nightshift
Look at the area you are starting at. Below you is the door. To the est of the door, outside of your field of vision, is an hidden mage. He is the one that keep summoning all those monsters. Kill him.
Old 10-11-2002, 05:33 PM   #15
petester
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found the trick was to be "fleet of foot". I won it several times, but found this method the easiest.

1st battle: Head SE right away to avoid the initial spell barrage. Kill the mage who is out of sight. Then swing back and pick off all the remaining peons. Run around and let time remove their protection spells. Then wound one of them enought to stop the battle. (to delay, use monster decoys, etc.)

2nd battle: Same thing. After you kill the initial guys, run around and wait for some of the protection spells to wear off. Then do the "doorway" trick, where you stand on the other side of the door and let only one through at a time. M was easier to kill than I. If he starts to wound one of your guys too much, have him run away and heal himself.

Oh, there are 2 more boots of speed you can loot from the 1st battle. This helps a lot in wearing them out. Concentrate all your attacks on one guy only.
petester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 12:09 PM   #16
nightshift001
The Magister

Thanx for the tips...............
no probs after finding the damn mage.............shows me for not looking around.....
in 2nd prt of fight though i found it easy with prot from magic scolls which i had 2 of on my main fighters....all spells cast against them were useless thus making the battle easy........whole party survived ..............thanxs again guys im getting rusty these days
nightshift
nightshift001 is offline   Reply With Quote