Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2002, 12:59 PM   #11
Azred
Drow Priestess

Venturing into the second layer of Dragon's Eye now; average level is 9. Orrick finally updated his inventory (could this be based on average party level or level of my mage? not sure) so I now have 4th and 5th level spells. Not that Contact Other Plane is even worth having, mind you...but having our invisible scout recon the whole level is helpful (of course, I know what is here to begin with). Not going quite as slowly now; our power level is pretty good. I wonder if my clerics will be able to turn undead on the next level down....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 02:07 PM   #12
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Contact other plane has only ONE real use .... and that's on Burial Isle.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 01:30 PM   #13
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Contact other plane has only ONE real use .... and that's on Burial Isle.
What use does it have? Never used that spell before..
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 02:54 PM   #14
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoiler:

You use it to get the true name of the Demon on Burial Isle after you first talk to him so you can command him, and thus wear him as a suit of armor. (Yeah, I know that sounds wierd .. but remember he IS a suit of armor ....)

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 04:16 PM   #15
Azred
Drow Priestess

Nasty new tactic. Stinking Cloud and then Animate Dead (since skeletons and zombies are immune to Stinking Cloud). The poor little lizardmen....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 06:35 AM   #16
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Orrick finally updated his inventory (could this be based on average party level or level of my mage? not sure)
Despite Orrick telling you that he's prepared to sell you spells based on your level, the level of your mage or party has no effect on the items he sells. He gets new spells and items in stock at the start of each chapter, so his first batch of supplies starts at chapter 1 as you arrive at Kuldahar. He then gets more spells at the start of chapter 2 (when you reach Dragons Eye) more again at chapter 3 (Severed Hand) more spells and some funky items at chapter 4 (upper Dorns Deep) and his final batch of spells and items (including a cool robe) at the start of Wyrms Tooth. He doesn't get any more after chapter 5, so returning to Kuldahar after starting Lower Dorns Deep in chapter 6 won't gain you any more spells or items.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote