Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2001, 12:24 AM   #1
monkey_avenger
Welcomed New User

While playing the game i haven noticed that some bad guys are impervious to certain weapons. Such as in the temple in the vale of shadows the big transparent guy (i think his name is mirko can't quite remember) anyway i managed to beat him with a hammer. But i have not been able to defeat the mummy. I never played d&d so maybe its as stupid question. what weapon do i need to use. I'm using a completely fighter party. because i'm too impatient to wait for a mage to get strong. someone please help me
monkey_avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 02:55 AM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome.

Certain monsters, most noteable undead, or immune to normal weapons. You'll need magical weapons to finish them off. Find some magical weapons and he should go down.
Old 11-15-2001, 08:02 AM   #3
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

When you say completely fighter party, do you mean no clerics, druids or thieves? If so how do you heal, open locked chests and disarm traps?
Old 12-13-2001, 10:59 AM   #4
Dragen Vonrack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well JR Jansen is right magic weapons, will do the job best.

And to Sir Moosington, Monkey Avenger can use just a fighter party, , by using knock spells for locks,having a fighter with a high consitution of hit points to just walk into traps and a low AC -9 or better), and use potions to heal instead of a cleric or druid which you can buy by the bucket load, because unlike BG there has been bugs where temples did not keep makeing poyions beacuse in real life 11th century England a part from Taxes making healing potions was part of there income for the temples . I've done it myself but it does take a quite a time to do and you won't find everything, if you don't have some sort of thiefing skills in the party, thats probably the only charcter that you always seem to need the most in any party.