Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2002, 07:19 PM   #21
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
Capital E for England/Estonia please USS ... 1/10 see me.
Good grief - that's priceless coming from the man who doesn't capitalise the personal pronoun! Or who can't leave a space after a full stop or comma!

You'll be lecturing us(s) on maths next - what is the square root of 3 by the way?

You are such a doughnut sometimes Lanesra!

Please write out 100 times

'Pot, Kettle, Black'
[/QUOTE]Hope this helps you out o clever one , it took me ages to type , I'm suprised you didn't know , after all you're the one with the oligy.

The Irrationality of
Problem:
Prove that is an irrational number.

Solution:
The number, , is irrational, ie., it cannot be expressed as a ratio of integers a and b. To prove that this statement is true, let us assume that is rational so that we may write

= a/b

for a and b = any two integers. We must then show that no two such integers can be found. We begin by squaring both sides of eq. 1:

3 = a2/b2

or

3b2 = a2

2a.

If b is odd, then b2 is odd; in this case, a2 and a are also odd. Similarly, if b is even, then b2, a2, and a are even. Since any choice of even values of a and b leads to a ratio a/b that can be reduced by canceling a common factor of 2, we must assume that a and b are odd, and that the ratio a/b is already reduced to smallest possible terms. With a and b both odd, we may write

a = 2m + 1

and

b = 2n +1

where we require m and n to be integers (to ensure integer values of a and b). When these expressions are substituted into eq. 2a, we obtain

3(4n2 + 4n + 1) = 4m2 + 4m + 1

Upon performing some algebra, we acquire the further expression

6n2 + 6n + 1 = 2(m2 + m)

The Left Hand Side of eq. 3a is an odd integer. The Right Hand Side, on the other hand, is an even integer. There are no solutions for eq. 3a. Therefore, integer values of a and b which satisfy the relationship = a/b cannot be found. We are forced to conclude that is irrational.

[ 10-16-2002, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Lanesra ]
Old 10-17-2002, 12:46 AM   #22
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

[quote]Originally posted by Melusine:
[QB]
Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
I would say that judging by that, you would have a very American accent while most people in Europe are supposed to learn an English one.QB]
Nah, bugger that mate. Get yourself a Kiwi accent. It's a corker! Guaran-bloody-teed to put some flame on your barbie and shit on your gummies!
Strewth!
Crikey!
Old 10-17-2002, 01:49 AM   #23
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
I didn`t say England or Estonia. I said english and estonian(lanuages) which, i think, aren`t written with a Capital E(atleast in estonian they aren`t).
Old 10-17-2002, 03:41 AM   #24
lethoso
Manshoon

i think all of my teachers have been pretty good except for a few....

in year 2 our teacher made spelling mistakes on posters in our classroom which some of the parents of children in my class had to correct for her....

also have a physics teacher now who does not understand some things he teaches us, just tells us to read the text book....

[ 10-17-2002, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: lethoso ]
Old 10-17-2002, 05:11 AM   #25
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Don't get me started about my english teacher. She is supposed to have qualifications in Speech/Drama, but cannot pronounce words such as 'says' and 'research'.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:35 PM   #26
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
quote:
I didn`t say England or Estonia. I said english and estonian(lanuages) which, i think, aren`t written with a Capital E(atleast in estonian they aren`t).[/QUOTE]In English they are!
Old 10-17-2002, 12:39 PM   #27
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Luckily, uss, I'm going to be an english teacher. try not to cry too loudly
Old 10-19-2002, 03:54 AM   #28
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Okanythingyousaymybiginterlkteralbruvver.,;.,'

'Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black''Pot, Kettle, Black'
That's only 99!!!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show