Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2001, 11:07 PM   #1
Armisael

You won't be seeing me around much, if at all - just can't afford to sidetrack with the workload I've been getting, and I'll be tied up at home for the next three months, probably more. I'll thank Memnoch, Cloudbringer and Bahamut for having a profound effect on me, and the rest of you weren't too bad either. 'Till next time.

Old 02-24-2001, 11:11 PM   #2
Gray Mage
Banned User

Though I didn't talk to you much, if ever, Good luck in you endeavors. Though I have heard much about you.

>I'm sure we'll see you around.
Old 02-24-2001, 11:30 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Good luck Armisael, I'll see you around.

P.S. Thanks for the memories back in November 2000.
Old 02-24-2001, 11:43 PM   #4
RAISTLIN

See ya. I remember the wedding prep days myself. For what it is worth I will give you my piece of wedding advice (cause everyone else is gonna give you some anyway).

Do not wear a garter...that is her job

Being a half hour late is a "fashionable entrance" on any other day except this one. Besides only she can be late.

Do not chug the wine the priest offers you.

"do i have a choice" is not a suitable replacement for "i do"

Making eyes at the bridesmaids on your wedding day will cause your wife to cast Abi Dalzims horrid wilting on your litte adventurer causing 50d20 damage and permanent failure with no saving throw.

Referring to the impriosnment spell on your wedding day will likely cause massive and sudden blood loss even though this is really a defensive spell. Charm is not an effective counter to this spell either.

Seriously though

1. Make sure your best Man Knows that his chief duty for the evening is to be a problem solver. If anything at all comes up, delegate it to him, even the minor stuff "you can handle".

I say this because I know from experience that your time on that day will fly faster than it has on any other day you have ever lived. Do not let yourself get caught up in anything that will distract you from enjoying it for even a second. The people in you weding are there to not only witness your love for each other but to get it off to a great start. Use them to your advantage, they want to be there for you to make this a special day.

Well I goota go, my own Queen is beckoning be to bed.

Raistlin casts bless
Raistlin casts dimension door

Old 02-25-2001, 01:18 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Armie, best of luck mate. You're a very lucky man. It has been great knowing you, and there are never really any farewells - only see you laters! I can understand about the workload - not even counting the wedding - I haven't been around much in the last few weeks either, what with working 70+ hours a week.

Enjoy this new phase of your life, hope THE DAY is an unforgettable one, and all the best at work!
Old 02-25-2001, 08:37 AM   #6
Stealth Bomber

I'm gutted, I will really miss your input. You were the first guy to help me here and I will always remember that. Good luck Armie and I hope everything goes well. Don't forget to post a photo on the albulm so we will remember you and one of the big day. For once I am speechless...

Old 02-25-2001, 08:40 AM   #7
Tobbin_OHF

Jeez, you turn around for one minute and everyone is leaving.
We're gonna miss you Armisael, you gonna have to pop in every
once in awhile and let us know how things are going though, k?
*Turns around tear stricken mumbling "Ok, now who is gonna
abuse me? [sniff]*

Good luck with your life and your lady in particular Armie.
Know that we all wish you the best.

Old 02-25-2001, 08:57 AM   #8
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

Damn if i could only find my puff daddy cd i would play I'll be missing you
Old 02-25-2001, 11:03 AM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Armie:

Good Luck! Time will go by faster than you can possibly imagine between now and the big day! I just want to say that I will miss you too, but I'm incredibly happy for you! See you whenever you get the chance to pop by in future.

And Raistlin had some good advice- er well the last part! Don't sweat the small stuff!

Cloudbringer
Old 02-25-2001, 01:06 PM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

You bastard.

Best of luck mate, hope the wedding rocks and the marriage works and you are very very happy. Best of luck in your career and see ya round.

But don't be a stranger. I think all of us would be delighted if you stick your head in fron time to time.

Being a fellow Aussie give me an email mate. I travel to Melbourne a lot so we could catch a drink.
Chanteur@bigpond.com