Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #151
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora

Tamora listened intently to Lorath as he related what the brain had told them. “The Learned One, I believe, wishes to travel to the location marked on the map to observe the intended receiver of these messages. It appears these Cliffs of Drriam are in the same direction and if there might be other Learned there or even something that we can learn of them then that may be a good place to start”. She threw a stick into the embers. It hissed as the heat boiled off the moisture from the earlier storm and then caught fire lighting, to her sensitive eyes, the others around the fire. “What do the others say?”
Old 02-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #152
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Bas crouched by the fire to listen to the information garnered from the brain. His eyes widened at the news concerning the cliffs.

"I must see those cliffs, if they are indeed connected with druids in some way. I also thought it would be useful to observe this land's inhabitants, as Tamora stated. But the cliffs are of the utmost importance to me."

The druid stared into the flames, excited at this potential source of information.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #153
Caleb808
Dungeon Master

Ulik shook Lorath's hand and reintroduced himself, repeating what he said the first time louder and slower. Not caring where they went, Ulik stands by silently and waits for the rest of the group to decide when and where they would be going.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #154
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Everyone

Except for the guards around the perimeter of the camp who were watching the jungle, the entire lizardman village seemed to be asleep. No one came to bother the group as they considered their future course of action, even the animals of the jungle seemed to be keeping a low profile for the time being.

Above, the sky darkened further and the crescent moon continued it's course from west to east.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #155
Encard
Quintesson

Evon let out a long sigh when the Sage was taken away, his face looking like a ghoulish mockery of a mourning man. He'd hoped for much more time to ask about the rest of the world - still, the information they did get, though very sparse, was exciting - it wasn't long before he brightened up again. Levering himself up off the ground, he walked over to where the others stood, introducing himself to Ulik but for the moment not saying much else - he couldn't really decide where he'd rather head off to first. Catching Tamora's question, he replied in vaguely distracted tone, saying, "Well... everywhere mentioned seems fascinating. I can't say as I have a real preference of where to go, aside from perhaps stopping at the village that the Sage mentioned. Though the ruins do sound good, and of course dangerous... Lost knowledge is a fascinating thing."

[ 02-02-2007, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Encard ]
Old 02-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #156
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

Lorath thought for a short moment, then answered Tamora's question. "All of these places sound like they'll be worth investigating," he said, agreeing with Evon. "The ancient knowledge is tempting, since it could go back to the creation of this world and explain it and our own, though the cliffs could impart similar knowledge in a different way." He stopped, and put his hand on his chin. "However, I don't think that those not attuned with nature would be able to understand the knowledge at the cliffs, so my path must be to the ruins."

[ 02-02-2007, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Man Who Fights Like Woman ]
Old 02-03-2007, 10:40 PM   #157
dplax
Jack Burton

Anne

Anne stayed strangely silent throughout most of the discussion about what had been found out from the bird and from the brain. The talk afterwards showed that the group might split, some heading to the ruins, others to the cliffs. For someone of her profession, ruins where she could sneak about and find treasure might have sounded a better proposal, but that was a past Anne was trying to put behind her.

Back in her homeworld, the times when thievery were necessary had ended, her twin-brothers had been safely sent away to an academy and she had enough stashed away to last her. If it hadn't been for that night exactly two hundred nights ago... She shuddered at the recollection of the events of that night, but hastily chased away the uninvited thoughts.

Anne turned to Bas, who had already voiced his desire to see the cliffs.

"I would be willing to accompany you to the cliffs, should you be heading there," she said in a low, controlled voice. Too controlled. She cleared her throat, but her unease did not dissipate.

[ 02-03-2007, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 02-04-2007, 06:06 AM   #158
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora

Tamora nodded at Anne’s words, glancing over to Bas and seeing the urgency written on his face. “I too will accompany the Learned One to the cliffs if he wishes it”. She turned to Lorath. “I confess that I am cautious about encountering the ‘horrors’ you say the brain spoke of in the ruins without what we might learn in the mountains. I fear that we will need to journey to the swamps in time though. We know little or nothing about this world so far but if there is a possibility of the powers that created the monstrosity in the lake being unleashed on my home then I would learn much more.”

She looked around the rest of the group then spoke quietly, “I feel that there is wisdom in staying together but I am mistress of no one here”. She looked over to Gan, apparently asleep, perhaps not surprising after his earlier injuries. Turning to Bas she asked, “Learned One, do you think that Gan will be fit to travel tomorrow?”

[ 02-04-2007, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: Armen ]
Old 02-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #159
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Bas thanked Tamora and Anne for their offers to accompany him to the cliffs.

"I am willing to explore the ruins but only after I investigate the cliffs. First thing in the morning I intend to head for them. As far as Gan's condition, I do not know the poison that is at work in his system. It remains to be seen what will happen to him by morning. All I can offer at that point is a simple healing spell, which will not cleanse his body of impurities."
Old 02-05-2007, 06:01 AM   #160
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora

Tamora nodded her acceptance at Lorath's determination to head to the swamps first and investigate the ruins. She knew nothing of wizards and their powers but the fact that Lorath felt he could look after himself spoke volumes. "I can rest now and watch", she said to the others, making herself comfortable with her bow and spear by her side. Behind her the bird scratched a hollow in the sand and settled down into it apparently content.
Closed Thread