Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2003, 08:17 AM   #91
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades in the Forgotten Wars Studios Forums:
Just popping over for a quick visit, from my usual post at Ironworks.....

Some Interesting Hell Cheese:

GREED: Send someone with Boots of Speed and a Mind Flayer Control Circlet to go talk to the Enslaved Genie. As soon as you get him in visual range, use the Circlet on him. He will initiate conversation, and you should cheerfully hand over Blackrazor. Just as he is beginning to Dimension Door away, the Circlet will kick in, and you can now control him and disrupt his Dimension Door. Now kill him, and he'll drop Blackrazor. Net Result: Good Bhaal Tear, no Alignment Change, Blackrazor, 31K EXP.

FEAR: During your conversation with Fear, choose the dialogue option of, "I don't know--let me explore the cavern first, and if I want the Cloak I'll come back for it." Then go collect the Tear, leave the cave and use the Tear*, and finally return to the cave and collect your free Cloak**. Any Beholder-ass-kicking should be done after collecting the Cloak, as Fear tends to vanish if he gets hurt by a Fireball. Net Result: Good Bhaal Tear, no Alignment Change, Cloak of Bravery.
* Since you must return to the cave, you cannot do the Test of Fear last if you wish to use this exploit.
** Paladins and Rangers will become Fallen if they accept the Cloak.

PRIDE: When talking to Pride, take the Good dialogue options. Then, instead of talking to the Dragon to claim your Tear, just walk up to it and kill it. Net Result: Good Bhaal Tear, no Alignment Change, 22K EXP, 100 GP.
[Damn these UBB/HTML inconsistencies! Had to edit the entire quote to avoid havoc. ]

[ 06-25-2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Alson ]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 02:12 PM   #92
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Cool
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:57 AM   #93
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
The second. It's quite simple, actually:
Have character X join the party (say he's joining with 160,000 XP). Open ShadowKeeper, change X's class to Y, set X's level to 0 (this is important), his HP to 1 and remove all X's proficiencies but the set amount he should have (6 for fighters, 4 for non fighters, or something along these lines). Save. Open BG2.

Once you load the game, you'll instantly see a "level up" message - as your level is 0, but with 160,000 XP, it should be higher! [img]smile.gif[/img] Don't worry about the rest - you'll pass through all the "level ups" from 0 to where you should be now in an instant, and all saves and proficiencies will be recalculated by the game engine.

It really is. It allows you to play with any possible party composition, without giving up party interactions. Note that I especially picked a banter-heavy party: All the NPCs are talkative, Sola & Imoen have lovely dialogues, I get to see the Jaheira Flirt Pack, Kelsey romances Imoen, Sola & Jaheira are fighting over the PC, etc, etc... In short - big fun! [/QB]
Will race restrictions still apply? For example, I'd like to make Aerie a sorceress, is it possible?
Old 07-01-2003, 06:10 AM   #94
Alson
Galvatron

Converting to Sorcerer/ess features one more stage, due to the way Sorcerers handle spells. Go through the aforementioned procedure as usual, but before you save, *delete* all Wizard spells from memory. Don't worry, you'll get them back. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm quite sure race conditions won't make a difference (and besides - isn't Aerie an Elf? Elves can be Sorcerers!)... but I'm not sure. Try it - just make sure you don't overwrite the save.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Old 07-01-2003, 06:23 AM   #95
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

To confirm::Elves can be Sorcerers
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 07:00 AM   #96
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I forgot, she is an elf, or at least an Avariel. Whatever, you de-winged freak, just get in my party and become a super sorceress wreaking havoc on all the evil nasties out there. I was going to drop a major Aeire spoiler about what else she does for me but I won't.
The other person I'd like to modify is Minsc. I'd like to make him an archer. Off the top of your head can you think of anything I should be aware of when switching him?
Old 07-01-2003, 08:16 AM   #97
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBobTheDestoyer:
I forgot, she is an elf, or at least an Avariel. Whatever, you de-winged freak, just get in my party and become a super sorceress wreaking havoc on all the evil nasties out there. I was going to drop a major Aeire spoiler about what else she does for me but I won't.
Thank god she lost them Wings! Would've made it about ten times harder! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
The other person I'd like to modify is Minsc. I'd like to make him an archer. Off the top of your head can you think of anything I should be aware of when switching him?
The only important thing about Rangers is that they have a Racial Enemy - but since you're doing a Ranger -> Archer conversion, it's alreday set. Not that it's hard to set it otherwise, but it's easy to forget about it. Just remember setting the level to 0 - otherwise, (presumably) you wouldn't get the appropriate bonuses.