Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2001, 10:06 AM   #1
ieojc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just a question.

Has anyone had this bug? In chapter 2, during the Slaver Quest, all of a sudden Viconia started moving right up next to an enemy before using her sling. I tried other things... she also moves right next to enemies before casting spells.

This is really annoying, because usually I want her out of the midst of battle. Is there any way to fix this problem? I've been so frustrated that I've been considering kicking her out of the party.

What cheats or codes could help? Is there a way to contact Black Isle? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2001, 10:12 AM   #2
Sir_Tainly

Try changing her a script to Defensive, then she will stand at the back, use her ranged weapons, and cast healing when needed.

------------------

'Cloudbringer for Spamturny General' - BK
-Powered by Tainly Corp

Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 03-15-2001, 01:52 PM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Just to clarify Sir_Tainly's comment...

You need to change your AI script. Go into Viconia's stat page and select "customize". From there you can review the different types of AI that are available and see which one she is set on currently. As Sir_Tainly recommended, change this to a defensive AI and she'll stay the heck out of the way.

Optionally, you may also just turn the entire party's AI off.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-15-2001, 03:21 PM   #4
ieojc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the tips. I never play with the AI on. I tried setting Viconia's script to Ranged and Cleric Defensive, and then turning the AI on. However, with Ranged and a sling she just stands there and does nothing.

This is a strange bug. As I've been playing normally (without AI), when I command Viconia to attack with a ranged weapon, she first walks right up to the enemy and then starts slinging stones. When I have her cast a spell (such as Hold Person or Call Lightning), she walks right up to the enemy before casting. It's as if she were going to melee attack. I just want her to get "within range", then stand still, then attack with the sling (or cast a range spell).

Is there a way to fix this bug? Thanks for your help.
Old 03-15-2001, 05:46 PM   #5
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I had a problem with Viconia's vision. I talked to the people at Interplay and it is a bug. Her vision was horrible and I didn't know. There was no icon in her screen. If I sent her walking by herself, she could barely clear the screen. That could be effecting her ranged weapons. I don't know. I took her to a temple and had them do all the healing spells on her (per interplay's advice) and she was fine again.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-15-2001, 06:07 PM   #6
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I had a problem with that too when I used arrows of piercing (my fighter/mage). Never knew what all that was about, but when I used all other arrows he stayed put.

Once my half-orc fighter/thief was blind all the time, and he stayed that way.

I had a lot of these kinds of bugs.

MILAMBER, have you casted the spell chant?? That spell ruined a whole game for me.

[This message has been edited by el_kalkylus (edited 03-15-2001).]
Old 03-15-2001, 06:17 PM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

YESSS!!!!! I wonder if that was what caused it. Oh! That kind of makes sense. That is a nasty bug.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-15-2001, 07:59 PM   #8
Epona
Zartan

Why? What's wrong with Chant?
I use it loads, it's one of my favorite cleric spells.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-15-2001, 08:50 PM   #9
ieojc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I indeed have the problem with Viconia's vision as well! I noticed in the de'Arnise quest, when outside fighting goblins and stuff, if I sent Viconia out by herself she could hardly see creatures that were right next to her. Her "vision" was only a centimeter or so, and I had to bring other party members up to "clear up the screen" and see enemies.

I'll try to go to the temple and cast all the healing spells on her. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2001, 01:54 AM   #10
ieojc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It worked! When I took Viconia to the temple and had the priest cast "Heal," her vision immediately cleared up and she once again started being able to range attack with her sling (and keep a distance).

This idea just saved my game! Thanks everyone.