Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 10:59 AM   #51
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

I have devloped a real dislike for pen and teller recently after seeing pen and tellers big bulls***t hour (that's the full name, I'm not censoring anything).

The name was something like that, where they "informed" about all these myths and why they where wrong, with a bunch of sound bytes from interviews they'd chopped into tiny pieces, quoteing people out of context.

Example. (note, each question was a voice over, pen and teller where never in shot)

P&T "So can anyone become a bodybuilder?"
Personal trainer "Anyone can be a body builder"
P&T "bullshit, ask any doctor and they'll tell you your genetics limits how much muscle you can build, you can work out all you want but you'll never have a body like his"

just a vauge example, maybe mucked the lines up a bit, but that was the theam of the show, interviewed people getting quoted out of context via voice over, and realy tacky effects trying to cover up the fact they kept cutting to bits of dialog they could use to tell the story their way..

Sorry Z, but after seeing five minutes of that, it dawned on me they where not trying to be at all funny, and all respect/admaration I had for them vanished.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:20 AM   #52
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

I really doubt re-using the bottle could cause any harmful effects, even if the bottle is choked with bacteria. 98% of bacteria aren't harmful in the least. Some may even help, so thats why I drink my water out of a used yogurt cup.
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 01:02 AM   #53
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

I heard it wasn't bacteria that were the real problem... It was cancer. The plastic, which is carcinogenic, starts to break down after being used too long, and then you drink it in.

This is the reason my house no longer uses plastic bottles for refilling.

However, a my friend's mum, who is a doctor, tells me that it's all a load of rubbish, and refilling plastic bottles is completely harmless.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:37 AM   #54
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Q'alooaith:
I have devloped a real dislike for pen and teller recently after seeing pen and tellers big bulls***t hour (that's the full name, I'm not censoring anything).

The name was something like that, where they "informed" about all these myths and why they where wrong, with a bunch of sound bytes from interviews they'd chopped into tiny pieces, quoteing people out of context.

Example. (note, each question was a voice over, pen and teller where never in shot)

P&T "So can anyone become a bodybuilder?"
Personal trainer "Anyone can be a body builder"
P&T "bullshit, ask any doctor and they'll tell you your genetics limits how much muscle you can build, you can work out all you want but you'll never have a body like his"

just a vauge example, maybe mucked the lines up a bit, but that was the theam of the show, interviewed people getting quoted out of context via voice over, and realy tacky effects trying to cover up the fact they kept cutting to bits of dialog they could use to tell the story their way..

Sorry Z, but after seeing five minutes of that, it dawned on me they where not trying to be at all funny, and all respect/admaration I had for them vanished.
Hey, I don't usually watch that show, and don't care for them either, but the I clicked on when they were talking about bottled water, and found that funny is all. don't look so deep into my meaning. [img]smile.gif[/img]

This was a long time ago too, I canceled all my premium channels long ago.. waste of $$, and showtime was ALWAYS showing the movie "BAT 21" every BLOODY day. HAHAH.. kill me now.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote