Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 04:55 PM   #21
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
O shit...hoop dat je hand niet al te ernstig verbrand is...ik hoop dat je inmiddels bij de dokter bent...trouwens zalf is uit den boze, ondanks wat een paar mensen zeiden, dat mag je echt niet op een brandwond smeren! Veel lauw-koud water en snel naar het ziekenhuis, Alex! Ik hoop dat de pijn snel minder wordt en dat het niet al te erg verbrand is!! Beterschap!!! *big hug*

Is That Dutch?? Heeeheee! It looks funny!!!

O Shit... hoop dat je hand...
Oh Shit... Hope That Yeh Hand...

You Sound Like And English Man With A VERY Strong Accent!!!

P.s I'm Sorry If You Find This Post Offensive!!!

------------------
The Clan HADB Cleric Of Sephiroth + Nutella

Waiter At PB's Pub

BINKY The Founding Member, Cheif Architect AND Official Chanter Of O.R.T

The Order Of Royal Toads

The FFGaming Forums
FFGaming ~ Your Number One Final Fantasy Resource
Old 10-29-2001, 05:05 PM   #22
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Debaser:
from one Alex to a fellow Alex...
go get your hands on some aloe vera ointment, man...you should be able to find some at a pharmacy somewhere. if you use that daily on the burn, it will promote quicker regeneration of your skin cells, it will soothe any pain you might have, and may even lessen the severity of any scarring. make sure you find an ointment that's as pure aloe vera as possible (try to avoid any other additives...) the plant in itself (the gel within it, actually) is notoriously effective in treating skin burns.
sorry to hear about what happened. few things are more physically painful than a burn...

[This message has been edited by Debaser (edited 10-29-2001).]
ABSOLUTELY!
I have had numerous burns on various body parts due to freak accidents and negligence on my part as well as others. Pure aloe works wonders toward healing the burn with no scars as does cooling the burned area off ASAP. The last time I got burned, I had third degree burns on the back of my hand through the negligence of a fellow employee. I went home, broke open an aloe plant and rubbed the gel on the burn and stuck my whole hand into a large bowl of ice until I couldn't feel anymore burning sensation whenever I let my hand begin to thaw.
I have slight discoloration on the back of my hand in one or two spots that are hardly noticable. Considering the flesh between my fingers and even my cuticles were blistered, I came out of that one pretty lucky!

I hope you feel better soon, and if you can't get any aloe or aloe products, at least cool it off using ice, ice packs, frozen vegees, whatever it takes to take the heat out!
*hugs*

------------------

The best thing about karma is that you create your own.

Pets Need Love Too

Old 10-29-2001, 05:57 PM   #23
Sorcerer Alex

Here's a little update

I managed to get over to the hospital about an hour and a half ago, and they referred me to this special department that deals with burns. The bandage came off and my hand looked very strange, it was red/white and swollen where the worst of the burn was (between my thumb and my forefinger). The doctor looked at it for about ten minutes then judged it to be a (translated) superficial second degree burn, which is better than I initially thought. If it had burned slightly deeper I probably would have needed a skin graft, so I was lucky in this respect. In the end he wrapped my hand up in this light bandage and gave me some cream which I'm only supposed to apply after the first week, provided the burn has healed to a certain degree. He says it should heal substantially in 14-18 days, so I hope he's right. I'm lucky it's my right hand and not my left, otherwise writing this would be even slower than it already is.

I'd like to thank everyone for their support and sympathy, god bless all of you. It's wonderful to have such good friends.

Old 10-29-2001, 06:04 PM   #24
Drake
Baaz Draconian

14-18 days that's good that means no seriuos damage right? glad your going to be ok.

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj A.K.A MR.Drake
the HADB thug and keeper of Neil
Old 10-29-2001, 06:08 PM   #25
Melusine
Dracolisk

That is good news, Alex!!! *big hug*
I'm glad it isn't anything too serious, and it will probably heal quickly. Still, that must have been a real scare, and the pain must have been bad as well...

Veel sterkte!!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-29-2001, 06:26 PM   #26
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

If it starts to hurt to bad, come on over to the "beer appreciation" thread and I'll get you a drink.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 10-29-2001, 07:12 PM   #27
Sorcerer Alex

I think I might take you up on that, Milamber

Old 10-29-2001, 07:59 PM   #28
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

nice to know your still ok (well partially anyway) ...

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-29-2001, 09:26 PM   #29
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Has anybody recommended lots of ice and a kiss to make it feel better?

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena
Clan Illuminati
Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force
Official Scribe, Clan TLFB

Old 10-29-2001, 09:40 PM   #30
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Has anybody recommended lots of ice and a kiss to make it feel better?

As if that could do anything for him a cold brewskie couldn't

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB