Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2003, 02:47 PM   #1
Blackice
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I started crypt 6, killed Lysan and looking for a trap to disarm in order to cross the "river", what am I missing so I can finish this section? Is there a door somewhere or a path, just can't find it? Thanks in advance
Blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 06:13 PM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

You were sent to dispatch the Aurilite priestess; you've found her and killed her. I don't quite know which "river" you're talking about Blackice. Were you asked to kill her, or did you do it on your own?
Old 01-28-2003, 12:22 PM   #3
SirWillow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you've killed Lysan, then you need to go back to talk to the person who told you to kill her.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:57 PM   #4
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

I beleive that would be Kressalack
Old 02-28-2003, 09:59 PM   #5
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Malavon's Rage:
I beleive that would be Kressalack
want to add something to that, after you kill her go back to kuldahar and talk to the owner of the tavern, tell him about Lysan and he'll talk about going to burn her belonings, ask him to give them to you instead
Old 03-04-2003, 04:18 AM   #6
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Second time around with Heart of Winter installed, the encounter with Lysan in the Vale crypt only seemed to occur AFTER I had met Kressalack and agreed whole-heartedly to do his dirty work. (Ethical problems with this part, any paladins?)

I find this to be a very annoying glitch in the continuity of the game, as second time around I said to Kressalack that I'd consider it and then proceeded to the crypt where i knew from memory Lysan was for some good ol' Picardesque diplomacy. But yet she was not there! It took my aggreeance to kill her in order for her to appear, which kind of underlines IWD linearity a bit. I sure hope the HOW quests improves on the interaction RPG front!

Back to level four of Dragon's Eye...Killing Pressio was an absolute treat!
Drew the Zombies and Wights out first, then took the mage out all by his lonesome. The thud of the corpse of an enemy spellcaster sure did maketh mine bloodlust rise!

Cheers,
Cerebro Dragon
--+UDIC+--
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 02:16 PM   #7
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

The guy at the tavern will give you the mante of the coming storm. +2 to AC and 20% cold resistance i think
Old 03-09-2003, 02:18 PM   #8
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

forgive my spelling it is mantle**** not mante
Old 03-09-2003, 03:12 PM   #9
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlak The Axeman:
forgive my spelling it is mantle**** not mante
You know you can edit your post, just click "Edit/Delte" on the little bar above your post and you can edit it and delete it if you want. And CerebroDragon , Isn't the encounter with Lysan SUPPOSED to occure after you meet Kressalack?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 12:44 PM   #10
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
[quote]Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Quote:
[qb] Isn't the encounter with Lysan SUPPOSED to occure after you meet Kressalack?
My point is, regardless of whether you agree or not to kill Lysan, she should be there! Which, she isn't...she's only there AFTER you agree to kill her, thus giving the quest a completely linear and illogical plothole.

For why is her appearance only reliant upon an arbitrary instance in space and time where you just so happened to agree to kill her?

I tell ye, it makes no sense! Or mabye she was on cue or something.
Oh, my turn to just appear out of nowhere now, the party has agreed to kill me!
But if they don't, I won't appear! Next thing someone will tell me that Lysan was in fact omniscient, listening in the shadows the conversation with ol' Kressy.
Understand now? [img]smile.gif[/img]
I don't see how that upon the basis of of an immaterial thought (a decision, to kill or not to kill) should alter the course of a seperate body's decision making. (Lysan)

Anyone else have problems with this, or is my RPG particularity getting a bit out of hand? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
CerebroDragon
---+UDIC+----
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote