Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2003, 08:43 AM   #1
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Hello!

Does WISDOM have any effect on how a Cleric/Ranger progesses in levels? ie. the kinds of Spells he gets?
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 10:45 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

I don't think so. I think all of the spells are available to ranger/clerics, except the cleric ones by alignment (holy smite/unholy blight and holy/unholy word). Your INT score only determines how many memorization slots you will recieve. Check the back of your SoA manual for the charts, or visit Volo's Comeuppance (link in FAQ) for them.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:49 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Both Int and Wis are factors that are supposed to affect your # of spells and their level, but their checks were never implemented in the game.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:56 PM   #4
Minchandre
Dungeon Master

I have a question: why is it that evil and neutral clerics get both holy/unholy smite/blight/word, and good clerics get only the holy versions? Shouldn't the evil clerics be restricted to the unholy?
Minchandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 04:03 PM   #5
Alson
Galvatron

Clumsy implementation, perhaps?
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 04:44 PM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

Or maybe truly evil characters will use every thing they can to destroy people, wreak havoc, and just kill for kicks. In that case they would even be willing to use holy stuff, just because they want to know how it feels

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 08:14 PM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Both Int and Wis are factors that are supposed to affect your # of spells and their level, but their checks were never implemented in the game.
Does that mean I can set wisdom and intelligance throws real low like 7 each and it will not affect my thief or mage or cleric or fighter? (once minimum throws are achieved) in any way. does it affect your saving throws?
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 08:54 PM   #8
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

WIS still gives priests bonus spells, so max it.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:54 PM   #9
Faceman
Hathor

WIS is also good in conversation with some tricky genies and Int IS the prime requisite of the mage (min 9) and sets how much spells per level you can learn (can be boosted with potions however)
Old 06-19-2003, 12:03 AM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Minchandre:
I have a question: why is it that evil and neutral clerics get both holy/unholy smite/blight/word, and good clerics get only the holy versions? Shouldn't the evil clerics be restricted to the unholy?
I may be wrong on this, but I believe that Evil Clerics don't get Holy Smite and Holy Word--only Viconia does, and Viconia is, well, special. One of my favorite characters was a Neutral Evil Cleric/Mage, and I never saw those goody-goody spells anywhere in HIS Priest Scroll.

You're right, however, in that Neutral Clerics get both sets of spells.