Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2003, 06:07 PM   #1
jamalez
The Magister

i have a sorcerer level 15 i think and he is alright but has only 46 hp. he isnt really strong enough to fight hand to hand and i dont think that he is slow as heck in time between casting spells is there anyway to improve this situation??

Thanks,
gruntrush3halls/jamalez
Old 03-05-2003, 06:45 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Sorcerers aren't meant to fight melee--that's the point. You want melee, get thee a Berserker.

IF you have Throne of Bhaal installed, once your Sorcerer hits Level 19 he will be able to choose a spell called Improved Alacrity, which, when cast, erases the lag time between spells. For four fun-filled rounds, as soon as you finish casting one spell, you can begin casting another.

Without Improved Alacrity, however, all spellcasters are limited to one spell per round.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:18 PM   #3
jamalez
The Magister

are there any robes or any sort of weapon that would make my sorcerer betteR?
Old 03-05-2003, 07:27 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by jamalez:
are there any robes or any sort of weapon that would make my sorcerer betteR?
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>
>
>
>
>
If you have the collector's edition cd installed (it was offered as a promotion for those who ordered early from the website; the patch is available on some websites still, but I do not have an address for you ), then buy the Robe of Vecna. It speeds up casting time by 4. Also, later in the game you get the Amulet of Power; among other things it speeds up your casting time by 1.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 07:38 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

jamalez has already mentioned being in Chapter 5 (with a multiplayer party, apparently), so if he/she doesn't know about the Amulet of Power by now, I would recommend a good optometrist.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:11 PM   #6
jamalez
The Magister

haha yea i think that i have it ill have to cheak though btw...
Old 03-05-2003, 08:22 PM   #7
jamalez
The Magister

whoops im a he
Old 03-06-2003, 09:32 AM   #8
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Why use a powerfull spellcaster to fight one vs one in melee?

Sorcerers are made to take the opposition down before the are even near him..

You can buy the Robe of Vecna from Deidre, she is in the Adventure's Mart in Waukeens Promenade (You have to install the BonusMerchantsPatch if you want the Bonus Merchants)

Here is the Item Description of the Robe of Vecna:

Robe of Vecna
This robe doesn't even have close to the power that the two famous artifacts, the Hand and Eye of Vecna possess. Still, from simply being worn by the powerful lich, the robe absorbed enough magical energies to become a potent magic item.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
AC: base set to 5
Improves casting speed by 4
+10% Magic Resistance
Weight: 3
Only usable by:
Mage (single, dual, & multi-class)

Already noted in this Thread, the Amulet of Power will also increase the spellcasting time by factor of 1.

The Amulet of Power can be found: (Spoilers)
*When you accept to join the Shadow Thiefs in Chapter 2, Aran Linvail will give you some trinkets for the 15.000 GP you had to cough up to get the help of the Shadow Thiefs, among those trinkets is the Amulet of Power included.

Or when you accept to join Bodhi in Chapter 2, you can obtain the Amulet via a Quest Bodhi gives you... Killing Aran Linvail, the Amulet is on his dead body.

Here is the item description of the Amulet of Power:

Amulet of Power
This amulet bears the signature enchantments of Conster Damon, an archmage that fell in the Year of the Dracorage (1018DR). The crispness of its etchings may have faded with fire and time, but it still echoes his famous defiant cries: "Your magic denied!" "I will be heard!" "Defeat comes swiftly!" "Take nothing from me!" It has seen much use, and changed hands many times through blood and battle.

STATISTICS

While Equipped:
Magic Resistance: +5%
Vocalize
Decrease Spell Casting Speed by 1
Immunity to Level Drain
Not Usable By:
Thief
Fighter

There is indeed the 10th Level Wizard spell called Improved Alacrity, this make's you similar to a lich (Improved Alactrity remove's the pauses between the spells, so you will spit out spells , liches have a similar abilitie)

This should be sufficient enough [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 03-06-2003, 11:52 AM   #9
esquire
The Magister

Hehe puny sorcerer..... my Wild MAGE would turn you to goo before you could launch a single magic missle!
Old 03-06-2003, 12:02 PM   #10
daan
Silver Dragon

I second that !