Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2003, 08:02 PM   #11
motub
The Magister

OK, I'm thinking two things here.

Sorry to say I don't have a sorceror (rather a wizard), so I don't know if the cast spell thing is abnormal, but on the whole, I think that this might be a case of the Annoyingly Non-Customized Action Bar.

It's all very nice that it is customizeable, but I have noticed that sometimes in its quest to have a full bar, the game gives buttons that you don't need (Quick Spells buttons for a non-caster), or reuses buttons where only one is active (double Use Item or Special Skills buttons). Certainly for the non-cleric, I would just remove the Domain and Cleric spells buttons (right-click on the button then use the button on the right that looks like an "O" with a slash through it to remove). I'd probably take out one of the spellcaster buttons too, but not before checking whether they give different selection groups of spells when clicked, and whether those spells were actually available to me-- maybe some of them are the character's special powers?

As far as the disappearing goblin, I'm wondering if you checked the Log Window when this happened. The only time I've seen anything that is like this turned out to be when a goblin had panicked and run ("Morale Failure: Running"). The goblin runs away (seemingly irrespective of walls or other impediments), then bucks up and comes back. This happened to me in the first big room o' goblins, but there the goblin ran into the Fog O' War and I didn't even realize he wasn't dead till he came back (and it was pretty hard to kill him without alerting the orcs or the Orogs in the two western rooms he was cowering in). The other time was in that little area between the Spider Lair and the room behind the passworded door, which is where I suspect you may mean. This is where I noticed goblins suddenly able to phase like Kitty Pryde (for all you old X-Men fans) when they had a morale failure. I just chalked it up to a combination of poor enemy pathfinding and clipping, but if anybody knows a better reason, I'm happy to hear it.
motub is offline   Reply With Quote