Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2001, 03:11 PM   #1
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

I've played W&W for three days now and I think I have an understanding of all the basics. Here are some of the things I've come across:

1. The difficulty of this game is not signifigant enough to require power-gaming.

2. Save all the freaking time, this is NOT a safe game, you could screw up anywhere.

3. There are many parts of W&W that are obsolete like non-blade weapons, many quest items after the quest is done, most of the clans, and some of the roles (such as ranger).

But now I'd like to know about more of the advanced play. People talk about guild traveling, going through one role after another, and guild quests, and very powerful routes to take through the guilds. I want to know a lot of the findings people have had with roles and elite roles, here are some of my main questions:

1. What are some of the role routes that seem to work best for you?

2. Why are the different roles more powerful than true-roled characters?

3. Can all characters become zenmaster?

4. Lastly, how would one prepare a character for their role route when creating them?
ArmageddonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 03:32 PM   #2
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Only one zen master and one valkerie per party? Huh, I'm confused again... What would stop you from getting a zenmaster, sticking him in the inn, and going out and getting another and going back to the inn, put the other zenmaster in your party and have two?

Also, does this mean you can only have one of each elite role in your party?

When cross threading your characters making them at the optimum power through role guilding, will they ever conflict?

Many people are talking about role guilding right at the start and others talk about waiting until level 7 or 10 before changing. When is the best time to role guild?

Lastly, it doesn't sound like all the guild roles are elite roles, such as barbarian is another role... but its not specifically an elite role... is this what makes the difference between unlimited amount possible and only one of each?
Old 01-02-2001, 05:41 PM   #3
Gauleiter

Dear God, man, play more and type less! You'll understand the game better, and have fun in the bargain!

By the rules, only one character could be a Zenmaster, since there's only one copy of the 4 books in the game. However (and I'm not sure on this, never tried it), I don't see why one couldn't trick the guilds like I always do concerning items -- as soon as the "Congrats" speech starts, pass the item(s) over to another character. You'll still get the credit, but the guild won't steal your item(s). I hung onto my Samurai Baton, so I can just whip it out when someone wants to become Samurai. Theoretically, like with all the other guild quests, you could do this so each of your characters becomes a Zenmaster (but would you want to?), but I don't know if there's a built-in game limit... Anyone done this?

As for Valkyrie, I don't see how you could do more than one -- there's no "item" per se, so that old trick doesn't work. Really, only one character could complete that quest...

Oh, and Barbarian is elite, though it has no magic -- it's half Warrior & half Rogue, so you get ppl with high HP and the ability to steal & pick locks. I immediately switched all my warriors to Barbarian, just for the HP bonus, before I worked on other elite roles.

The whole point of switching roles is to get each role's special trait (Cloak of Night for Ninjas, Fury for Barbarians, etc.), in addition to each role's access to magic areas, and other bonuses like Barbarian/Paladin/Assassin higher HP likelihood. Don't change roles until you've used your current one to its full potential and gotten all the magic you intend to out of it (

Conclusion: change to get that class's specific benefits, but not until you've already squeezed all you want out of your current class, because you can't return to a class you've already been.
Old 01-02-2001, 09:16 PM   #4
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Thx for your help Gauleiter. I'm a really fast typer and I'm usually doing 4 or 5 things at once so this foruming isn't bad.

Except for little things like what to do in this certain dungeon or that tower or this cave, I should be prepped to beat the game.

Thanks for your help Gauleiter and Davros, also a thanks to Thorny, Wyvern, and freudianslip.
Old 01-02-2001, 09:45 PM   #5
Gauleiter

I think you're operating backwards, compared to most of us.

If the majority of the people on this forum are like me, the quintessential male, they played through the game first and then checked the forum to see what they did wrong

You, on the other hand, are learning how to play the game before you ever play it! It's like, "read manual before operating"... Does that make you smarter than the rest of us, or just more patient?
Old 01-02-2001, 11:30 PM   #6
Erad

Oh, and You propablly already seen that after each lvl yp (mostly) You get only 1 hit point?It is said, that after a while You can get like 20-30 HP.Maybe thats true, but my paladin was taking 1 HP for every 20 lvls, and AFTER is dispossed of Cet, he leveled to 21 and got 130 HP.

The funny thing is, right after that i started a new party ) with a zenmaster in it(took me awhile to travel to Valeia ,make new character and return to brimloch ).Now Im playing with a whole new party!!Its fun!!!!

THOSE WHO HAVENT FINISHED DONT READ!!!

After I killed Cet, I was teleported to Brimloch.Then I went to train my wizzard a little, but, my portal was inside the pyramid, so I needed to go through Anephas tomb.And guess what.The guy is still there asking me if I'll help him kill Cet.Maybe it is a ?bug?.
Also, Dragon Kimono is even better that D'Soto's chain mail.

Erad
Old 01-02-2001, 11:31 PM   #7
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Smarter, definately smarter . No j/k... If these downloads would ever finish I might just go in there and play like you recommend . I find games fascinating. With games like FF8 and Fallout 2, it's an absolute must to know the game before starting if you wanna get anywhere. To be safe, I did the same for this game... I find other peoples opinions interesting and also since I'm getting into this feild when I grow up a bit more... I thought this is a great way to learn about the games .