Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2001, 08:01 PM   #11
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Couldn't hurt to ask the doc about it if you're having them frequently. Thanks, I hope you're not going to too much trouble on my account, Rudi, but I really was getting into your story. Keep my posted on the migraines, luv, you have my sympathy.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-12-2001, 08:04 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
My old friend, the migraine headache, caught up with me today. About 1pm, I decided to take a nap, and hopefully outlast him.

Bastard outlasted me, he's still here....

ah well...
Ouch! Know how those are.

I can't sleep through mine, though. Do you get them often? Have you any medication for them? I have mine in spurts it seems. My poor doctor has changed meds on me twice but nothing really does the whole trick. Still, any relief is good! Hope you feel better! The aftereffects of migraine are nasty for me, too. Like a hangover and twice as foggy feeling!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-12-2001, 08:09 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

RudeDawg,

Just read throught the thread...my doc has me on butalbital now. You take it with the migraine, not regularly so not likely to addict to it. It's mainly for opening restricted blood vessels - has caffeine in it too. For me, it helps enough that I can function if the migraine lasts more than one day (I can have them from a day to three days...sigh).

Do ask about them with a doctor. They can give you a list of possible triggers and that sure has helped me! But...sigh...red wine is on that list...LOL...oh well, I prefer white, anyway! TEEHEE

NurseCloud

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-12-2001, 08:12 PM   #14
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Hey, Clouds...

I'm so used to them, I would freak if they stopped...

I've had them since I was five, they are part of the neurological probs that affected me as a kid.

I've been on and through meds a-plenty. I also try using "alternate" methods, such as herbal remedies, hot baths, food-control, meditation.

Staying busy on this forum with all the friendly peeps I've met...

Every bit helps.

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil
Old 05-12-2001, 08:12 PM   #15
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
I've had them all my life, the seem to be the "afftereffects" of my childhood probelms which led to the paralysis.

Reeka, what is the med? I try not to get dependant on meds, for a while I was a walking pharmacy.

Seem to be better now...

Sorry to hear that RudeDawg. I turn into a bit of a sissy when I get migraines, which is very infrequent thank goodness. I feel for you!

Old 05-12-2001, 08:15 PM   #16
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Couldn't hurt to ask the doc about it if you're having them frequently. Thanks, I hope you're not going to too much trouble on my account, Rudi, but I really was getting into your story. Keep my posted on the migraines, luv, you have my sympathy.

I will ask him.

No trouble about the story, I'm working on it anyway. I'm using it to clear my head as I work on my "serious" story. It's a lot more fun to work on than the other. Colored Lenses is very introspective, as tends to bring up a lot of feelings for me.

It's encouraging to see that you enjoy The Forging. Thanks...

------------------

The RudeDawg

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-12-2001).]
Old 05-12-2001, 08:21 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Hey, Clouds...

I'm so used to them, I would freak if they stopped...

I've had them since I was five, they are part of the neurological probs that affected me as a kid.

I've been on and through meds a-plenty. I also try using "alternate" methods, such as herbal remedies, hot baths, food-control, meditation.

Staying busy on this forum with all the friendly peeps I've met...

Every bit helps.

Tried accupuncture? I've heard some folks get good results, especially when they have them as long as you have! I know the migraines are in my family so I've just assumed a genetic predisposition to them...sigh... but luckily for me, stress is one inducer I can target early and have had few of them this last year.

Nothing like a migraine to ruin the day, huh? I'm literally in tears with mine. Can't lie down or even lean back and light is a killer. DRUGS, give me drugs! That's about all I think, other than how much pain the human body is capable of absorbing and staying conscious...sigh....

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-12-2001, 08:25 PM   #18
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Accupuncture does help for me, but I don't have anyone here who I trust with it yet.

Like I said, I'm used to them.

I get the tunnel-vision a few hours beforehand, and prepare...

Dark, cold room. Ice water. take some muscle-relaxing herbs, and I try to sleep through it....

When i wake up, I caffeine up and try to keep things quiet, dark, and cold...

An American president (can't remember which) used to call his the "Black Dog" and would stay in the dark room for days...

UGH ( I used to try getting drunk to avoid the pain. Doesn't help)

------------------

The RudeDawg
Old 05-12-2001, 08:48 PM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Accupuncture does help for me, but I don't have anyone here who I trust with it yet.

Like I said, I'm used to them.

I get the tunnel-vision a few hours beforehand, and prepare...

Dark, cold room. Ice water. take some muscle-relaxing herbs, and I try to sleep through it....

When i wake up, I caffeine up and try to keep things quiet, dark, and cold...

An American president (can't remember which) used to call his the "Black Dog" and would stay in the dark room for days...

UGH ( I used to try getting drunk to avoid the pain. Doesn't help)
Hey sweet Dawg...try the caffeine the minute you feel the headaches starting. My doctor suggested that and it really helps if you can get to it!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever