Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2002, 11:56 AM   #1
Feyd
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like to make my own items, usually to load up my favorite custom made long bow, Archangel, with the abilities of all the gears I found in SOA or TOB. I just like everything I need to be on one item rather than having to change so many gears. And yeah baby, its also because its FUN! to make your own items.

I would like to know if anyone else likes to make their own items and maybe share or suggest some of your own creations. Perhaps also, can you guide us to a website that shares or allows one to download custom made items and spells.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Feyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 04:05 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Ahh yes, I like very much to make my own items. I dont make spells, though.
Some of my favourite work, is when I made some items to my LotR-party.
I made a two-handed sword named Andùril, a chain mail called Mithril, a longsword called Glamdring, and Frodos shortsword which I dont remember what's called at the moment. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I have also edited some of the excisting items.

As for the websites, I am sad to say that I dont know of any.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 04:26 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Cant get the stuff to work on my computer, sigh, cant fit it on to a floppy to bring to the other one. Anyone want to give an exampe of the stats they are making.
Old 02-17-2002, 04:52 PM   #4
lavos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Me to.
Last time I was trying to make a thief armed with rapier, I use long sword, which had kinda pointy look, and change the properties so only damage was piercing, and the animation which was showed was also only trusting. It was not a magical weapon, but I made the damage quite big, (3+10 I think), well I forgot to make the item indestructabe so in few days my great weapon was a pice of junk.

Well I was thinking on creating my own kit (like berserker or kensai), but despite of name I wasn't able to make any change, does any one know how to do this?
Old 02-17-2002, 10:24 PM   #5
Feyd
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Replying to Jabidas: When I make my item, I usually edit an existing item. For example, I have a 2H blade called, Defender. I made this by starting out with the Staff of the Magi, opened up a second IEEP editor to the Warblade, then I simply applied the color and other pertinent stats so that I would be able to use my new blade as a 2H blade. In the end, my Defender stats are something like: 1D12+6 damage, +6 THACO, 50-50-0 animation, speed 4, casts a level 10 chain lightning with each hit, slays golems-ettins-trolls, protection from evil, +2 AC, +2 ST, 50% MR, and it removes magic protection (not the cheesy dispel magic). I'd say my Defender is better and more fun then that Carsomyr that some people are raving about. I also have a Celestial Fury look alike that uses Magic Missiles. Nice.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:17 AM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by Feyd:
I like to make my own items, usually to load up my favorite custom made long bow, Archangel, with the abilities of all the gears I found in SOA or TOB. I just like everything I need to be on one item rather than having to change so many gears. And yeah baby, its also because its FUN! to make your own items.

I would like to know if anyone else likes to make their own items and maybe share or suggest some of your own creations. Perhaps also, can you guide us to a website that shares or allows one to download custom made items and spells.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

TeamBG will have everything you need: IEEP, WinBiff, links to Infinity Explorer, the EFFMAker (for other special effects like "double damage vs. left-handed dentists"), and something new they recently added--a link to a place to which you may upload your custom items for others to download (I need to start doing this).

My recent creations include: Anti-Magic Shell (a standard 6th-level mage spell), Soul Shunt (a necromantic version of Mind Blank), the Breath of Kyudo Master (a wonderful composite longbow), and removing that eye-straining Spell Trap effect from the "new" Cloak of Mirroring. My next projects will be some Dwarven items (one hammer and one suit of armor), a custom sword for a future fighter character with a switchable grip (one- or two-handed), the Dart of the Hornet's Nest (a standard item), and devising a way to counteract "invisibility detection by script".

Good luck to all on creation! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 11:40 AM   #7
Feyd
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the info on TeamBG new link to a Custom Item download place. I was hoping you would respond to my topic knowing from reading your other posts showing an interest in CREATING rather than just PLAYING.

About that detecting invisibility by script, I don't know what that means from the editor, but I've been using "Non-detection" "While equipped" for my special Archangel bow for scouting along with "Invisibility" "While equipped". It works great. However, I don't recommend using it on every weapon that you equip beacase then you'll really be undetected. NPCs that should initiate a conversation will not unless you initiate it.

Also, here's another editor tip. If you make your item equipped with "Protection from creature type" and set the values#1 and #2 to 0 and 0, respectfully, any enemy character with the red circle around them WILL NOT attack you. If the values are 0 and 3 (I think), all undead will not attack. If its 9 and 7, all demons will also just stand in their place and not attack.

I'm currently working on creating a Jadestone amulet that will allow any character class to cast some select spells instantly, like Comet (best defense), Mord's Sword (best offense), Breach (magic breaker), Pierce Shield (essential magic breaker). I have Sunfire also on there, but I've not been able to get that to work. Maybe I sould set the range to more than 1.

Thanks again AZRED for your input. There was one other person who posted before you. I think he was asking help on editing a kit I think with the KIT Editor. Sorry, I have that installed also but I won't touch it. I had to reinstall my game because of my tinkering with that.

But....try the 2DA Editor also from TeamBG. It's way simpler and it doesn't make you search for all the other things to extract to the override folder. However, BE VERY CAREFUL what you edit. I only used it to edit the "weaponprof.2da" so that my F-M-T can be a grand master with the 2H Sword, Staff , Katana, and Long Bow.

Have fun everybody with your editors!
Old 02-18-2002, 01:01 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

You're welcome, Feyd.

"Invisibility detection by script" mimics what would happen were invisibility possible in real life. Suppose you went invisibile; would this make you totally undetectable? No. Dogs could smell you, cats could hear you, snakes could sense your body heat, etc. Detection by script allows creatures to detect your state--state = invisible, state = improved invisibility, state = shadow door, etc. You'll notice how sometimes mages cast True Sight even though you are invisible; they have sensed that something invisible is nearby, thus they cast the spell that reveals you. Also, recall that the boss in the D'Arnise keep can see you if you are invisible. My goal is to find a way to defeat this ability.

Protection from creature type. You like that? Like a little smack on the tush, eh? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Yes, it can be a very powerful effect; you could waltz through the game and never be attacked!

I edit .2da files here and there, but nothing major. .2da and kit editing are not for complete novices or the faint of heart. Search for posts by Vaskez; he is quite knowledgeable in that area, as well as in scripting. I am going to edit the monk kit, though, to more appropriately reflect cinematic martial arts: no MR, no immune to haste/slow, etc. but adding invisibility art (a short-term invisibility), pressure points (more stunning blows), mental strength (immune to charm), etc. I used to edit .2da through Excel/QuattroPro, but I use Near Infinity to do that sort of editing now (it edits directly into the override folder).

As always, good luck to all those who customize/create items and spells! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2002, 05:24 PM   #9
Chainy The Cold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can 1 on you guys pleeeeeeeze send me a simple to use item editor that works for TOB as well, becoz i cant find 1.

please send it to chainy_the_cold@hotmail.com

thanx..

p.s the last time i asked someone where to get one, they gave me this infinity explorer crap and i could only look at the stats...
Old 02-18-2002, 06:27 PM   #10
Azred
Drow Priestess

Go to TeamBG to get WinBiff (extracts items from chitin.key/.bif files) and the Infinity Engine Editor Pro (for editing the items). Everything you would need is there, just download what you want. Good luck! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

mental note to self: I think I'll copy this post to WordPerfect; this is about the 20th time I've posted similar info.