Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2002, 09:14 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

I want to solo with a Druid because
a) The Druid abilites that should come anytime soon(especially Shapeshifting) could be very sweet.
b) Henchmen are annoying.
but i can`t because i need someone to find/disable those annoying traps and to bash/lockpick locks..
Does the Druid have any spells that do those things?
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 10:42 AM   #2
DraconisRex

I read about someone else's druid. S/he multi-classed one-level with Cleric and took the Animal/Nature/Plant whatever domains... Now, for you to do this, To get the second level spell "find traps," you'll have to give up much of the Druid "Elemental Shape" increases to get it.

I don't think it's worth the trade off as all the spell does is add 10 to your search checks. I think it's beetter to put some points into "search" so it's always "on." (Depending on your race.)

Therefore, my recommendation is to buy the non-class skills. You don't need a Rogue in the 3E rules. Yes, you'll be limited in difficulty level, but it's better than hearing "Here comes halfling death" for the 50-60 hours it takes to finish the main quest...
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 11:53 AM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

Thanks, Drakonis [img]smile.gif[/img] . IŽll do that, then.
Old 07-14-2002, 11:57 AM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Once you have found a trap (thus, Search skill is the only one you need to invest in, and just keep Search Mode on your quickbar), all you need is ammunition that does elemental damage to break open the chest. Buy a sling and get some bullets of lightning (or whichever that does elemental damage that you choose). For traps on the floor, you'll find that many of them leave a way to walk right around them (just take it slow). The few that don't is the reason you have healing spells. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In other words, invest point in search, buy some elemental bullets, and have fun soloing!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 12:53 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

yo, i have a druid with a four rogue levels to handle the traps and locks. Keeps potions and/or spells of fox's cunning on hand to augment your disarm traps rolls for the real difficult traps and I found enough lockpicks +10 in chapter 2 that I will never hafta go up in thief again. The real challenge was chapter one because I hadnt gone up enough in thief, so I had to back track to get some of the chests I wanted to open after I leveled. And another thing, the spell call lightning will destroy chests and the like, so if all else fails on that hard trapped/locked chest- Call some juice down from the sky. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 02:10 PM   #6
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

*click* "oh i can open that easy* well *click* "oh i can open that easy* bastard dont tell me you can open it easy just open it. i think thats why i didnt go with tomi.he would say he would open it then kinda freeze, you had to sometimes tell him up to 3 times. redtiger will bash it the first time you ask him.and all he says is "its done"
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:14 AM   #7
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

uss I totally agree with a) and b)

Finding traps is not a problem, all you need are items that add to your search skill, there are at least two you can buy in chapter one.

Bashing is not a problem either get a weapon that does elemental damage.

The traps in the floor can be disarmed by summoning badgers on them [img]smile.gif[/img] not very druidistic but well...
Old 07-17-2002, 07:52 AM   #8
uss
20th Level Warrior

Thanks, guys [img]smile.gif[/img] . Will do [img]smile.gif[/img] .