Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2002, 08:37 PM   #41
Moni

Hmph.
Make me spill my guts and then just leave!
I see how you are! Both of you!
[img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2002, 09:00 PM   #42
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

The most difficult thing I've ever had to say was "you no longer work here" to a friend. She was crying and I was doing my best not to cry. I always hated that part of being a supervisor. My manager was stupified how I could be upset by firing someone. Ever heartless, ever Danielle.

This is the same company that just fired me on Thursday. I saved them the anguish and decided to be chipper and cheerful. Breathmints for everyone!!

Sorry for the hot steaming cup of bitterness, folks.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:06 PM   #43
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

How old were you when that whole thing happened Moni?
Old 09-15-2002, 11:07 PM   #44
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Erm, probably telling my boyfriend who was way too attached to me that i just wanted to be friends. I stayed up all night just trying to figure out what to say [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2002, 11:58 PM   #45
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

One of the hardest things I ever had to tell someone was when I had to call my parents to tell them my husband had died. That and when I had to tell my son our dog had died (just a week afterward).
Old 09-16-2002, 01:19 AM   #46
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Hah, you kids. I have, at numerous times, had to tell families that their loved one had passed on. Worst, I think, was a 13-year old boy who had found a sawed-off shotgun and was arguing about it with his buddies, and in the scuffle, it went off, and he came in DOA. We tried to revive him, but, no soap. I had to tell the mother.
Think I might have you beat... Try being a 7 year-old who heard a noise upstairs while home alone with his brother and having to tell your parents when they came home that when you opened the door to his room he was lying on the floor with a gun between his legs and the majority of what should be in his head scattered across the bed and carpet...
Old 09-16-2002, 05:01 AM   #47
edin gal
Dungeon Master

Ok the hardest thing I had to tell anyone was in my early twenties I was a hairdresser and I drew the short straw and had to tell one of the girls she had B.O Pooooooooooo smelly
Old 09-16-2002, 05:19 AM   #48
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kormar the Wanderer:
Think I might have you beat... Try being a 7 year-old who heard a noise upstairs while home alone with his brother and having to tell your parents when they came home that when you opened the door to his room he was lying on the floor with a gun between his legs and the majority of what should be in his head scattered across the bed and carpet...
OMG Kormar, that is awful. I really don't know what to say.

Attalus, respect to you, that is a difficult job, one I know I wouldn't be able to do.

My personal one was telling my (at the time) fiance that I'd met someone else, still gives me a cold feeling in my stomach when I think of it now.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:15 AM   #49
Melusine
Dracolisk

What a terrible thread So many of you have had terrible things happening to you

I think the worst thing for me was also having to tell someone of a death.
I was home alone and my mother and sister went to an information evening at my sister's school. Then my completely hysterical uncle called up and after I could calm him down enough for him to make sense, I realised he was trying to tell me that my grandmother had died. It was completely unexpected - she was still so healthy and 'with it' and we saw her almost every week at least once. I had to decide what to do so when I couldn't reach my sister's school I grabbed my bike and cycled over there as quickly as I could (in complete shock I might add). Someone fetched my sister and mother from the school hall and that's when I had to tell my own mum that her mother was dead. It was gutwrenching, but looking back I'm glad I immediately came to them instead of waiting for them to get home, and so is my mother.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:53 AM   #50
Fayree
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can't believe how brave some of you are to share such personal things on a forum..

I hope I get to be that brave sometime..