Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2003, 05:43 PM   #1
Wolf Blade
Dungeon Master

Well, I just beat NWN and now I'm dead bored. I was going to make a new 3D model for a human fighter (which I had started) but I figured what was the point? But before I go, I just have a couple questions:

1. I had some items that said it could only be used by LVL 21 characters- and as we all know, thats impossible. I also tried making items in the NWN Toolset, and a couple also had the lvl 21 thing- why was this occuring? To fix the problem I simply set CharacterItemRestriction (in nwnplayer.ini) to "0", gave my character the 21 lvl items, saved the game, turned the CharacterItemRestriction back to "1", reloaded my game and voila- my character was wearing lvl 21 armor- but why was this happening?

I'll probably think of another question, but until then, this may be one of my last posts.
Wolf Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 08:40 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The more things an item does, the higher the cost, which comes out as a required lvl. As for why you could turn off lvl restrictions, equip the item, and then turn the restrictions back on and use the items, I don't know. I usually get a whole lot of can't use equipped item messages when that happens, or the char won't load into the game. Strange...
Why would that be your last post? There are literally thousands of player designed mods out there to play, and it's not like NWN's is the only thing this forum is here for. There's something for everybody here. If I don't see another post from you, the fare well, where ever you fare, but do come see us again. We will be around if you just want to come in and kick your shoes off. Check out Cloudy's Cafe, over in Gen Con, for example.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:32 AM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

Stay around wolf blade,us NWN newbies need your guidance [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] and like bob the bard says there are the other forums.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 10:24 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Beat the original Single Player Campaign, or the Shadows of Undrentide one? I've heard some good stories about SoU so if you haven't played that, you might want to consider to buy that, and try it out! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:45 PM   #5
Wolf Blade
Dungeon Master

Well, I don't really like player made modules becuase I don't think there that great- I'm also on dial-up so I can't download them too fast either. I was kinda disappointed with the game- just go around, kill... go around, kill (it was repetitive)- I liked Diablo better cause there was a wider variety of people, and MUCH more items. Unless someone made a BD2 module for NWN Other than that, I wouldn't care too much to get any other type of expansion. I would also like to play MP, but my Dial-up is to slow (AOL deleted 2 phone lines that just happened to be the fast ones- now I lag extremely bad (ending my Rogue Spear career) and AOL began to advertise broadband up the wahzoo, so, I'm mad at them... anyways ). Well, the game was fun and all, just not enough items, and kinda boring sometimes.

BD2 was a lot of fun, but I quite playing it ever since I got NWN, and I forgot where I was in the game (I wrote down on a piece of paper about 12 quests I had to do at once) and I just don't feel like playing it anymore.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:06 PM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

*wonders what BD2 is*
hope you enjoy your next venture, whatever it is.

V***V
Old 10-06-2003, 11:12 PM   #7
Djinn Raffo
Ra

To bad about losing out on Rogue Spear, i'm a player from way back. Though the connection you have wouldn't be to hot for it you, you should check out Raven Shield.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 02:22 AM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

Take it easy Wolf Blade. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Though I do recomend SOU, the first NWN expansion, because it is a bit more than hack-n-slash and has some cool items. Also the next expansion ,HotU, will allow for character levels up to 40.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:49 PM   #9
Wolf Blade
Dungeon Master

LOL, BD2 is Buldar's Gate 2.

Yeah, I've been a big fan of Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear (and Ghost Recon, soon Raven Shield, and possibly Pandora Trigger- all Tom Clancy games)- I've been making mods for a couple years now. I'm almost ready to release one now, just as a little taste, here's a screenshot of a "credit" screen for the mod http://members.aol.com:/R22cool34/credit.jpg I can still mod it since it doesn't require multiplayer. Anyways, thats my adventure

If I ever need anything, I'll come running back

[ 10-07-2003, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Wolf Blade ]
Old 10-07-2003, 06:55 PM   #10
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Right on i see you have some uniform mods there. Man if your into modding wait till you get Raven Shield. The SDK has yet to be released but man is this game going to rip once it is. As it is some of the maps the community has already come out with are unreal...
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote