Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2003, 04:58 PM   #1
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Maybe spoilers, don't know
You know Emmernick the ranger in HoW?
Do you ever find his white wolf?
II killed a werewolf, and when it died, it changed shape into an elf.
He wasn't in his hut any more.
Have I killed him? Is he a major plot character?
If it wasn't him, who was it?
I feel so guilty.
Dragonshadow the Unhappy

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:34 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoilers:

Nope, he is not a major plot character and you can continue the game without him. Strangely enough, it seems as though that quest has now become bugged in a LOT of recent games. What should happen follows:

More spoilers:

What SHOULD have happened is that the werewolf will transform back into a wolf and run away BEFORE you can kill him. Then you can later encounter Emmerick in his house, and confront him about being a werewolf and offer to help. Talking to the mage back at the inn will yield an amulet that you can return to Emmerick for some xp. The amulet will allow him to keep his lycanthropy under control.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 01:05 AM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Could something in ToTLM be disabling that particular quest? I remember solving the quest in HoW, but not so in ToTLM. I don't remember even finding the wolf, only Emmerick's mysterious disappearance. Oh, well....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:59 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer

Azred,

I think you're right that TolM may be behnd it somehow. I remember getting the "correct" resolution in HOW on both normal and HoF mode BEFORE TolM was installed. It obviously wasn't working for us in our mplayer game of TolM, but I thought it had worked for me in a single player game of TolM. It's been too long since I played that section that I can;t say for sure.

PS: WHere have you been???

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 03-03-2003, 10:34 AM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Maybe it's because my characters are too high level, and they just smashed him too quickly. Its like sometimes in NWN, you know? You killl someone you weren't meant to, because you or your henchman clobbers them too hard?
So he's not a major plot character then? Good. I finshed the game, but thought that I might be missing out on a lot of experience for... something. Maybe I am, but who cares? Half of my dudes are almost gods anyway... I can't belive I killed a werewolf though. I like werewolves. But not when they bit you... Ow.

Old 03-11-2003, 11:02 AM   #6
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

And i haven't GOT TotL yet, and I think I just clobbered him a lil' bit too hard...
Oops
Old 03-12-2003, 06:30 PM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

No, it isn't a bug. You just have to be careful to watch the wearwolf's life, when he is badly hurt have only one fighter at a time attack the wolf, or have someone be a decoy with one or two others using missel weapons. You have to be careful not to kill him.

The quest isn't that important but it is nice to keep him alive so you can have someone to purchase arrows from.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 07:23 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer

In HOW, Emrick ALWAYS makes the transformation and runs away no matter how many people are attacking him. At least it worked that way for me. In TOLM, no matter what we did, the wolf ALWAYS died - at least in mplayer mode. I still think its bugged somehow in TOLM.

Old 03-12-2003, 08:45 PM   #9
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I don't know Micah I seem to be able kill him with or without TotLM. It is possible however that it was installed at the time and I just didn't bother with it. I will have to try it again sometime I guess, because now I am just always careful when the situation occurs..
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 08:35 AM   #10
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I just kill him, but I never mean to, then i wondered why he had disappeared...
So you think that I just shouldn't hit him so hard?
Ok, I'll try
[img]graemlins/1drgat1.gif[/img]