Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2003, 01:02 AM   #1
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

How the flying *expletive deleted* are you supposed to kill this guy?! I've destroyed all of his mirror images, clones, or what not, and all 4 of his sentries. Now I just chase that last copy of the little Calimshite puke around the room and knife and slash him a few times before he dissappears, reappears somewhere else in the room, run him down and do it again. Over and over and over and OVER AND OVER!!!!..., etc, etc, ad nauseaum. I'm beginning to get slightly peeved, and if I wasn't well-stocked on beer, I'd probably be losing my cool right now.

And please don't tell me it's some stupid lever...
Old 01-05-2003, 07:38 AM   #2
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

It's a stupid lever [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

No seriously, You have to kill the real Pumab. Meaning if there is one left, you have to kill him. I know, this fight is a nuisance and has a very high frustration value but the only thing you can do is hack him down. Some pointers, aside from the usual buffs, haste and some sort of protection from lightning work well.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

There was only one left. Maybe it's a bug with my game (I got the latest patch, but...?), but the only way I could kill any of them at all was cloudkill. The first one took out all but one. And after chasing that last one for a few hours, hacking him apart and watching him just reappear at the other end of the room, uninjured, I threw another cloudkill, and VOILA! Another dead Pomab.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:22 PM   #4
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

Once, my dad got lucky here and cast lightning bolt, killing them all. You actually can't kill his guards until Pomab is dead. I found this out the hard way.
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 09:41 AM   #5
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

Then I really must have a bugged game. Because I chased the last Pomab around for about an hour AFTER I'd destroyed the sentries. And, like I posted earlier, I finally had to throw a cloudkill to kill him.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:35 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I usually use protecting from lightning on all my characters and other protection spells before going in. Take out the sentries first than after that let all your guys hack at one of them when that one dies keep your hands off the controlling your characters except for healing or spells and they will all go on to separate Pomab's and eventually they will kill the right one.

If you are having great difficulty kill the sentries than leave to rest and come back to deal with Pomab.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 08:25 AM   #7
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Cloudkill is my top spell at this point

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:07 PM   #8
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

What i did is i actually managed to keep track of where he moves so i always hit him. I repeated this and killed him
Old 03-16-2003, 12:12 AM   #9
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

I just throw a cloudkill into the middle of the room....

sure it might hurt me a little, but all the silly little pomabs just wander right into it....and DIE!.....silly little fellas

Moiraine Sedai
Old 03-16-2003, 06:09 AM   #10
Legolas
Jack Burton

The trick is to watch the dialogue box. Concentrate your missile fire on one image at a time, and when you hit you'll either see something like "False Pomab - 3 damage" or "Pomab - 3 damage" appear. In the first case, switch to another image. In the latter, just keep firing and targetting him with spells. The images will mix every once in a while, but your archers will continue to fire at the real Pomab as long as you don't order them to do otherwise.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote