Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2003, 11:48 PM   #11
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Used practacly the same method I was using. All damage being done by my Druid and Sorceror when they were not peeing their pants. I almost fooled up again though because my hasted Monk ran just a little bit to far ahead and the dragon started attacking my druid. The dragon was almost dead and no one lost any hit points at that time when he attacked my druid. With just 18hps left on my druid a lightning bold crashed from the sky doing 55 pts of damage with 10 being resisted. I was like thank goodness. I didn't want to have to redo because of a minor mistake by my Monk.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 09:26 AM   #12
Dilbert
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's very usefull to kill the guardia though you get extra resistance from him.
My party : Paladin,Warrior,Ranger,Thief(with a bit sorcerer),Cleric,sorcerer

before the fight i summoned several monsters but they are pretty useless and will only take some hits. I sourrounded the place where the guardian appeares with my 4 fighing chars. and the monsters. All fighters with +4 weapons. When the guardian apperaed my sorceror kept summoning magic missels at him and the cleric healed the characters. If one Fighter ran low of health he got out of range and attacked with the few +4 arrows I saved. Armor class is pretty useless cause the guardian seems to hit you every time despite the max. armor class. The 4fighters all ran low of health but I finnaly defeated him.
Dilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 12:29 PM   #13
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Follow in the footsteps of the great Dar'tanian and dont fight the dragon just wipe out the yaunti cave and you can go back to kuldahar with full credit for sealing the crossroads and then later on when you are stronger fight the dragon and hit him so hard his mother will feal it!
Old 03-23-2003, 12:25 AM   #14
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

@pritchke - unfortunately I don't remember what my weapons were, but it's likely that they were mostly +3's with the short sword of brillance tossed in.

@dartanian - why not do BOTH??? I cleared the temple and THEN killed the guardian. [img]smile.gif[/img] More xp plus you get some PERMANENT hit points AND some acid resistance for killing the Guardian. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote