Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2002, 03:20 AM   #1
Sodomatic Goat
Manshoon

Well where is it?
Old 11-26-2002, 03:28 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

You must have the "bonus merchants" installed. If the merchants are installed then go to Adventurer's Mart and seek Deidre.
Old 11-26-2002, 03:29 AM   #3
Sodomatic Goat
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
You must have the "bonus merchants" installed. If the merchants are installed then go to Adventurer's Mart and seek Deidre.
Hmmm, I have tried to install the bonus merchants but they doesn't show up. Is there anything special I have to do to meet up with these merchants????

[ 11-26-2002, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: Sodomatic Goat ]
Old 11-26-2002, 04:08 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sodomatic Goat:
quote:
Hmmm, I have tried to install the bonus merchants but they doesn't show up. Is there anything special I have to do to meet up with these merchants????[/QUOTE]To install them, you should put 2 files in your override directory. If you`ve done that, there should be Deidre up the back of the Adventurers Mart, and Joluv somewhere in the Corronette.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:13 AM   #5
Sodomatic Goat
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
quote:
Originally posted by Sodomatic Goat:
quote:
Hmmm, I have tried to install the bonus merchants but they doesn't show up. Is there anything special I have to do to meet up with these merchants????[/QUOTE]To install them, you should put 2 files in your override directory. If you`ve done that, there should be Deidre up the back of the Adventurers Mart, and Joluv somewhere in the Corronette. [/QUOTE]will it work in the middle of a game too?? or do I have to start all over??
I have put these two files in the override directory but they doesn't seem to show up at all. Is there any good stuff (besides the cloak) that I'll miss?
Old 11-26-2002, 04:18 AM   #6
Jim
Quintesson

There are some *excellent* items on offer. It won't make any difference if you install them part way through the game already. Try re-installing them, and then browse to the override directory and see if the files physically exist there.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:29 AM   #7
Sodomatic Goat
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
There are some *excellent* items on offer. It won't make any difference if you install them part way through the game already. Try re-installing them, and then browse to the override directory and see if the files physically exist there.
I found that there is a second override directory inside the override directory, what is this???
Old 11-26-2002, 05:47 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

That's wrong and it is a result of unzipping files with directories from some zip most probably. There should be only one 'override' directory without subdirectories. Copy the files from the subdirectory to the 'override' directory and delete the subdirectory. Well, if you haven't created the subdirectoy yourself to preserve some old files. Well, if some patching program did not create the subdirectory for saving the original files. Anyway, the game will not found the files in the subdirectory.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:50 AM   #9
Sodomatic Goat
Manshoon

Quote:
That's wrong and it is a result of unzipping files with directories from some zip most probably. There should be only one 'override' directory without subdirectories. Copy the files from the subdirectory to the 'override' directory and delete the subdirectory. Well, if you haven't created the subdirectoy yourself to preserve some old files. Well, if some patching program did not create the subdirectory for saving the original files. Anyway, the game will not found the files in the subdirectory.
ok got it, thanks, I'll try and see if it works now.

[ 11-26-2002, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Sodomatic Goat ]
Old 11-26-2002, 05:41 PM   #10
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

i tell u, they r not cheap!
i brought plate of balderun for a mere 40,000gp (yes only in chaopter 3, not cheated i swear!)
and it is a kick azz armour. my favourite armour is the red dragon armour, but htis definately comes second. it is amazing armour!