Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 06:19 AM   #61
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

NB: Draconia, the server problems I'm having meant that I hadn't seen your beautiful post when I replied with my rather inappropriate attempt at humor. (I had just got back from a public john, and was rather miffed at the absence of anything resembling something you could sit on. Italy, Singapore and some other countries seem to like this phenomena. I can't 'stand' it (pardon the pun).

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-12-2001, 01:43 PM   #62
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Well, Yorick, AussieMousie, you did not expect us to leave you alone and in peace,
so that you could relax and quietly enjoy the final stage (?) of your walkabout ?

No way ! We want input !

Take care !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-12-2001, 06:01 PM   #63
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Yorick, Oh Yorick... wherefor art thou Yorick?

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-13-2001, 05:49 AM   #64
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Whew.

I taught/lectured today for the first time in well over six months. If every student was like a Singaporean music student teaching would be a breeze. They are such beautiful people.
Enjoying Singapore. Hit the pale blue bath-like ocean yesterday. (A good thing about an equatorial island) Was woken by what appeared to me to be a monsoon (big winds, heavy rain lashing down) but none of the locals I know even noticed.

I'm stuffed.

Ramon, no no, not the end of the walk, merely a hiatus. Replenishing the coffers as it were. Mind you the satisfaction and enjoyment I got from teaching these guys (guys? well, most were femmes actually) today I couldn't buy. Included in the class was a Mongolian from Ulan Bator, a Taiwanese and a Malayan amidst a sea of Chinese Singaporeans.

I really like it here.
The foliage, the east-meets west vibe, the food, the hints of Japan, hints of Indonesia, the care that the locals have invested in the city all make for a lovely vista. Definitely the greenest city I've been in. Some would say it's all too planned, but to me it's more like an awareness that the landspace is quite small, and that every metre counts. There's a saying that in Singapore if you can't live on it, work on it or drive on it, you can bet it looks good.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-13-2001, 05:53 AM   #65
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Ohmigosh. I just found a guitar lying around (I'm in my Aussie mates office). I haven't played in soooo long. Yipeee

Oh and Vic, we'll work something out I'm sure. Count me in.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 03-13-2001).]
Old 03-13-2001, 05:57 AM   #66
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Yorick, glad you enjoy your Singapore stay.
You will see Europe a lot greener when you come back in May (end of Spring, a hint of Summer in the air). And vibes too - people spend a lot more time outside in gardens and Cafes than in Winter, for sure.
Keep us posted, will ya ?

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 06:39 PM   #67
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Great ! Yorick will come back to Europe ...

That will give me an excuse for posting even more of my boring and frightenly long posts on "the state of affairs".

Will you be performing in Europe and if so, where ?

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-14-2001, 05:00 AM   #68
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
That will give me an excuse for posting even more of my boring and frightenly long posts on "the state of affairs".
Long but never boring Ramon

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-21-2001, 09:01 AM   #69
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

bumping for migosh

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-24-2001, 01:43 PM   #70
Draconia

Yorick, ummm the standing thing doesn't sound like much fun. When I go to Mexico to see some of my family, they still have outhouses. Talk about disgusting. Anyway, enough of that. It am glad that you are well and having a good time. I did recieve the cd's and I enjoy listening to you so much. Your sweet voice brings a smile to my face. I tell my kids that it is their Uncle Yorick singing. Then I have to show them your picture. Then my 4 yr old wants to call you and say hi. I have to tell him that we can't call you. So we listen to your songs and he is happy. My 6 yr old likes so many of your songs. He keeps telling me that he wants to listen to them over and over again. I can't remember which song it is that he wants to listen to all of the time. If I remember, I will tell you. Take Care and I hope that you continue to have fun on your journey. Be well and safe my brother.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen