Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 02:18 AM   #1
smeagol420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just started playing this again because I never completed it. Im in the Windspear Hills Dungeon and the Clay Golem is owning me, I tried using Blunt weapons but the weapon Ineffective message, anyone know what could be wrong? I should mention that this is the first thing Ive done since leaving the Promenade so I may just be too low in level. Please Help me out....
Old 03-07-2005, 02:35 AM   #2
smeagol420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hold on Im sorry, I meant to say it was a Stone Golem, and He just killed me for the third time lmao
Old 03-07-2005, 03:19 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Use weapons that are +2 enchanted or higher.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
smeagol420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ouch I only have a +2 Two Handed sword so far so I guess ill have to leave the dungeon and come back later on.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:49 PM   #5
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Yeah, I'd say that was one of the harder dungeons you can access early on. Talk to an annoying lady who's "helped lots of your kind" in the Copper Coronet - that's always a good quest to start off with. Oh, and the circus tent in the promenade if you missed it.

[ 03-07-2005, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:57 PM   #6
IronDragon
Elminster

If you talk to the guy just standing around in the gate district you can get the Trademeet quest and once done you have the opportunity to buy a nice bow that takes care of a lot of golem problems. and other monster problems as well
Old 03-08-2005, 12:23 AM   #7
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

i think that clay golems are immune to anything but crushing arnt they? they always got me cause i used slashing and pierving and magic which i think they are immune to
Old 03-09-2005, 12:33 AM   #8
smeagol420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So I left the windspear hills Dungeon and went to the D'arnise Hold and what do you know..... More golems lmao... Luckily for me I snuck in and grabbed some goodies and abandoned the fight.
So the question is
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how and at what level I should attempt to murder a room full of various Golems awake and looking for me to return...
Old 03-09-2005, 04:08 AM   #9
ister
Drow Warrior

There are other ways to deal with the golem. "Enchant Weapon" is a spell that you have access to very early on (I think it's at the Adventurers Mart). This allows your mage to make +3 weapons for everyone else. Crappy spell to have in your book, but it takes care of the problem. "Polymorph self" can also help as the gnoll has a +3 halberd. This will work (a little) on stone golems in D'Arnise, but not on the adamantine one in Windspar (That's what it is right?)

So I sayt suck it up and go after the golems right now. And not with the cheesy stuck-in-a-door-sling technique.
\" Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.\"<br />JFK
ister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:10 AM   #10
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

i did it at about lvl 10 party but that doesnt mean you cant do it earlier. (or later). you could place some traps by the door "no this is noot cheese" then open the door and smash them with hammers or a certain axe does well i think, cant remember what its name was